Dead Interesting tour at Glasnevin Cemetery Museum
- Get an alternative view of one of Ireland's most famous cemeteries
- Learn about the lesser known figures
- Discover the sculpture, symbolism and architecture of the area
The Dead Interesting tour gives an alternative view of the varied heritage that Ireland’s largest cemetery holds and the history within its walls.
Visitors will learn of its sculpture, symbolism, architecture, art, sporting heroes, horticulture, natural life and much more.
They will visit the graves and hear the stories of little-known figures such as;
- Maria Higgins, a woman who died once yet was buried twice in Glasnevin
- An Irish chaplain who witnessed the liberation of Bergen Belsen concentration camp
- The man who cut the ribbon and opened Sydney Harbour Bridge when he wasn’t meant to
- The vault that held secrets during the Irish War of Independence
- And many more.
A tour that is for those both well acquainted with the cemetery and those who have never visited before, the secret history of Ireland’s most well-known cemetery.
Visitors will also learn about the harsh realities of life in Dublin in bygone times, hear the stories of gravediggers and grave robbers, cholera epidemics, and world wars. The natural beauty of the grounds merges with a who’s who of Irish history through which experienced, knowledgeable, and entertaining guides take visitors on a memorable journey through the impeccably preserved Victorian cemetery.
Glasnevin Cemetery Museum is a 2018 Travellers’ Choice Award Winner.
- Guided tour
- Entry into our City of the Dead Museum Exhibition
- €5 worth of genealogy credits
- 10% discount at the Tower Café
- Children (5-16 years old): Reduced
- Students (over 16 years old): Reduced
- Seniors (over 60 years old): Reduced
- Families (2 adults and 4 children): Reduced
Glasnevin Cemetery Museum, Finglas Road, Glasnevin, Botanic, Dublin
Meet your guide at Glasnevin Cemetery.
- The cemetery is open from 10.00am to 5.00pm daily
- Every day at 2.30pm there is a re-enactment of Patrick Pearse's iconic speech at the graveside of Jeremiah O'Donovan Rossa on the latter's funeral which took place in Glasnevin Cemetery on 1st August 1915
- Please note that the cemetery is used as a space for State commemorations so tours may be cancelled. In such cases, alternative dates will be offered
- The tour runs Saturdays, Sundays and Bank Holiday Mondays at 1.00pm
- From 29 June to 30 August, this tour will run at 1.30pm
Glasnevin is truly both the guardian and storyteller for the 1.6 million people who have been interr...
Fuggi dalla città con questo viaggio di mezza giornata da Dublino.La prima fermata è al parco del ca...
Questo tour di un giorno a Belfast da Dublino ti introdurrà alla cultura locale e fornirà una panora...
Questo tour di una giornata intera è il più popolare, parte dalle scogliere di Moher e porta da Dubl...
Situata nel cuore del birrificio di St. James's Gate, la Guinness Storehouse® è l'attrazione turisti...
Raggiungi comodamente la più suggestiva attrazione naturale dell'Irlanda: le Cliffs of Moher sono co...
Questo tour di mezza giornata ti porta alla scoperta della costa settentrionale di Dublino. Per comi...
Questo tour di un giorno alle montagne di Wicklow da Dublino ti farà scoprire la ricchezza naturale ...
La prima tappa è il cantiere navale Harland and Wolff, dove si trova il Museo del Titanic. Il museo ...
Entra nel trasporto di lusso con questo tour di mezza giornata di 3 rinomate distillerie di Dublino ...