Tickets for Castel Sant'Elmo
- Discover a 14th-century fortress built into the tufa rock
- Explore the star-shaped fortification and its museum
- Enjoy magnificent views from the summit
- A great day out from the hot center of Naples
Enjoy one of the best views of Vesuvius and the Bay of Naples from the Castel Sant'Elmo on Vomero hill, 250 meters above sea level.
This medieval fortress is located on the old site of a church dedicated to St Erasmo (shortened to Elmo) and is also known as Belforte. It was the residence of King Charles d'Anjou, who renovated it in 1329.
Partly built into the volcanic tufa rock, the castle has a museum and hosts art exhibitions, shows, concerts and conferences.
- Admission to Castel Sant'Elmo
- Audio guide
- Children under 18 years of age with valid identity
- Teachers of Italian nationality with a fixed-term contract (please bring valid proof of employment)
- Students in undergrad, masters, post grad or research degree in the following areas of study: architecture, cultural arts conservation, education or literature, and philosophy with a focus on archeology or art history
- Citizens of the EU from 18 through 25 years of age with valid identity
- Teachers in public schools within the European Union, with a permanent contract
Via Tito Angelini 20, 80139 Naples
- Admission to the museum is free on the first Sunday of the month
- The prices are composed as follows: Full €5 + €2.20 booking costs, Reduced €2 + €2.20 booking costs
- In order to take advantage of the discount/free admission, you must present a valid identity document at the ticket office. Visitors who fail to meet this requirement will not be admitted to the site.
- How to get there:
- Montesanto Funicular Railway: MORGHEN station
- Chiaia Funicular Railway: PIAZZA AMEDEO station
- Metro: Line 1 - VANVITELLI station
- ANM Bus: Line V1 - PIAZZALE SAN MARTINO stop
- Monday-Sunday 8.30am - 7.30pm (last admission at 6.30pm)
- Closed on Tuesdays and on 1 May and 25 December
The cost of the adult ticket is 18 euros; the cost of the reduced ticket is 2 euros. The price liste...
The full price ticket costs 14 euros; the reduced ticket costs 2 euros. The price listed in the cale...
Join this panoramic visit of Naples (without guide): drive along the seafront of the Gulf and enjoy ...
Discover the pearls of this breathtaking coast. Enjoy your time as you see the historic center, the ...
Make an authentic Neapolitan pizza during this 1.5-hour cooking class!Under the watchful eye of a pr...
Exploring a city as beautiful, vibrant and chaotic as Naples is not an easy task: if you want to dis...