Pompeii and Amalfi coast day trip from Rome
- Explore Pompeii with an expert guide
- Enjoy a panoramic tour by car across the Amalfi coast
- Use your spare time to discover Positano
Experience the wonders of ancient Pompeii with an expert guide, then travel down the beautiful Amalfi coast to Positano on this day trip from Rome. Your itinerary:
- Meet your small group and tour co-ordinator in Rome. Board the minibus and head south to Pompeii
- Meet your expert local tour guide in Pompeii and enter the site without delay (2.5hr tour)
- Discover the key sites such as the Roman forum, the Temple of Venus and the world-famous death casts
- Benefit from the insights of a genuine archaeologist as you explore private family homes, fast food stalls and even a brothel (if appropriate)
- After Pompeii, accompany your guide on a scenic drive along the Amalfi coast, stopping at the picturesque pastel-coloured town of Positano
- Free time for lunch (with recommendations) and to shop among the winding streets
- Return to Rome by minibus
- Round-trip transport from Rome
- Expert Pompeii local tour guide
- Tour Leader from Rome who will be with you all-day
- Express entrance tickets to Pompeii
- Small groups of 18 people or fewer
- Free time in Positano / Amalfi town (lunch not included)
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Infants (ages 0-3): free (no reservation required)
- Children (ages 4-12)
Piazzale Flaminio, 5/6, 00196 Rome RM, Italy
This tour meets in front of Caffè Vergnano 1882 at Piazzale Flaminio n. 5/6, next door to Intesa San Paolo bank. Piazzale Flaminio is a centrally located square (just outside the arches of Piazza del Popolo), served by the Metro A. The closest Metro / Underground stop is Flaminio - Piazza del Popolo.
- Please note that lunch is not included in this service. You will have free time to eat at Positano and your guide will be happy to recommend places to eat a full sit-down meal or to grab something quick while shopping
- Please note that the order of sites visited is subject to changes
- In the winter months, we might replace Positano with Amalfi town, as more shops and restaurants are open there during this time
- Meeting time: 7.00am
- Departure time: 7.15am
Enjoy one of the most important art collections in the world and the masterpieces inside St Peter’s ...
Walk through history on a guided visit to the Colosseum, the main symbol of the ancient Roman times,...
Palazzo Merulana, an urban space discovered by the union of the Fondazione Elena and Claudio Cerasi ...
Make the most of your tour of the Vatican Museums with a special visit to the Bramante Staircase, wh...
Your discovery of Rome's ancient history will start with you riding a comfortable trekking bike, gui...
If you only have a few days to take in Italy’s many highlights, this full-day tour from Rome is the ...