Lake Louise and Moraine Lake tour
- See two unique UNESCO World Heritage sites
- Admire the fantastic shoreline at Lake Louise
- Enjoy the tales of early mountaineers
These stunning alpine lakes look too beautiful to be real. On this sightseeing tour you will visit the “Jewel of the Canadian Rockies”, Lake Louise, and the world renowned Moraine Lake, both of which are part of a UNESCO World Heritage Site because of their priceless natural beauty.
Wander the shoreline at Lake Louise and see the Victoria Glacier and the famous Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise Hotel, and then snap some shots of Moraine Lake in the beautiful Valley Of The Ten Peaks. Join your guide for a short walk up the Rockpile at Moraine Lake, where you’ll find the iconic view that was once on the back of the Canadian $20 bill.
During the tour your guide will weave tales of the early mountaineers, who also fell in love with this spot in the 1890s.
Main highlights of the tour:
- Lake Louise (30 minutes)
- Moraine Lake (30 minutes)
- Bow Valley Parkway
- Pick-up and drop off
- Maple cookie snack and fresh water
- Children from 6 to 12 years old
- Infants from 0 to 5 years old are free
Mt Royal Hotel: 138 Banff Ave, Banff
Pick up: call +18775659372 to schedule this ahead of time.
No pick-up: please meet at the public bus parking area behind the Mt Royal Hotel.
- Hotel pick-up from Banff hotels is available, you must call +18775659372 to schedule this ahead of time. Transportation will not go to hotels without prior scheduling and confirmation
- If you choose the pick-up option, please be ready 15 minutes prior to the tour start time at your hotel/pick-up location
- If you don't choose the pick-up option, please be ready 15 minutes prior to the tour start time and wait by the seat in the carpark
- Look for a blue mini bus that says 'Discover Banff Tours’
- Early and late season road closures will limit access to Moraine Lake (until late May and from early October). When road access to Moraine Lake is closed, the tour will instead spend one hour at Lake Louise
- Operates from April to November
The activity begins at Warner Stables where you can see the operations of a working ranch, chat with...
Visit Banff’s landmarks, learn its history and learn about wildlife in their natural winter habitat....
Paint Pots are a cultural treasure within Banff's National Park. They are mineral deposits once used...
Lake Louise transforms into a real life snow globe in the winter that has to be seen to be believed....
Experience the romance of Banff in winter on a private sleigh ride for two along the foothills of th...
You'll enjoy a breathtaking ascent to the pinnacle of Sulphur Mountain for an awe-inspiring 360-degr...
This tour will give you an excellent introduction to the dramatic views of helicopter sightseeing. Y...
Uncover the delights of downtown Vancouver and its neighbouring North Shore all in one day! This gui...
You'll begin by journeying up the famous Sea to Sky Highway, with ocean and mountain views that will...
Enjoy a private tour departing from your hotel on a winery tasting at Vineland Estates. Spend your m...