"Dürer exhibition, master of the Renaissance" tickets
- A complete exhibition about the most important German artist in history
- An exhibition distributed simultaneously in three of the most relevant cultural institutions of the city: the Reial Cercle Artístic de Barcelona, the cathedral and the Diocesan Museum
- The exhibition includes a selection of engravings, a technique from which Dürer became the great master from the Renaissance until today
"Dürer, master of the Renaissance" is a complete exhibition about the most important German artist in history. This is an ambitious museographic proposal: an exhibition distributed simultaneously in three of the most relevant cultural institutions of the city: the Reial Cercle Artístic de Barcelona, the cathedral and the Diocesan Museum of Barcelona.
The exhibition includes a selection of engravings, a technique from which Dürer became the great master from the Renaissance until today, and which highlight his mastery and his search for absolute beauty. Among the exhibits, you find the Great Triumphal Car of Maximilian I, Melancholy or The Knight, Death and the Devil.
The exhibition establishes a dialogue with Barcelona by recognizing the preservation of the cathedral choir, which was reformed 500 years ago by some of the best European masters of the time, and the influence Dürer has exerted to this day, as in the work of Subirachs that he makes for the Sagrada Familia.
Through the figure of Dürer, the exhibition recalls the cultural ties that had been established between Barcelona and Germany during the artist's time. Ties that are also evident in the exhibition, since it has the collaboration of the Albrecht Dürer Haus Museum of Nüremeberg and the Fugger und Welser Erlebnismuseum of Augsburg.
- Entrance ticket to visit the exhibition at the 3 spaces (the Reial Cercle Artístic de Barcelona, the cathedral and the Diocesan Museum)
- Children 0-11 years old: free
- Reduced rate: over 65 and young people between 12 and 18 years old
The Reial Cercle Artístic de Barcelona, the cathedral and the Diocesan Museum
Barcelona Reial Cercle Artístic: Carrer dels Arcs, 5
Cathedral of Barcelona: Pla de la Seu, s/n
Barcelona Diocesan Museum (in front of the cathedral): Pla de la Seu, 7
- Ticket valid for 3 days from the chosen date
- Please, keep your ticket throughout the visit to access all the venues
- In each venue, after your ticket has been used to go through an entrance point, you won't be able to leave and enter again
- Due to the historical characteristics of the buildings, some of the rooms that house this exhibition present architectural barriers that do not allow accessibility for people with reduced mobility
- Non-refundable tickets
From 25 January to 26 May
March, April and May:
- Reial Cercle Artístic: from 10.00am to 10.00pm
- Cathedral (Chapter Room): from 10.00am to 7.45pm
- Diocesan Museum: from 10.00am to 7.45pm
Human Bodies is so much more than an exhibition or an anatomy class. It’s an unforgettable experienc...
The Fran Daurel Museum houses over 300 works by different internationally-renowned artists from a wi...
Located in the centre of Barcelona’s historic old town, the MACBA has more than 20,000 square metres...
The Chocolate Museum is a dynamic facility promoted by the Barcelona Provincial Confectionery Guild ...
The Museu Nacional d’Art de Catalunya is located in the Palau Nacional of Montjuïc, constructed for ...
Discover the works by the geniuses of 20th-century art and take a journey through a thousand years o...
On this tour you will visit the coastal area of Girona, named a 100 years ago as Costa Brava. The na...
Experience the high-speed 300 km/h train journey to Figueres and discover the truth behind Dalí's fa...
On your tour you will enjoy a guided walking tour through the marvelous city of Barcelona. Your tour...
Founded in 1970, the Tablao Cordobés is considered one of the most important flamenco venues of Spai...