Montserrat Tour with Cogwheel Train
- Enjoy the spectacular view of the imposing mountain
- Reach the Monastery of Montserrat in a cogwheel train
The Montserrat Afternoon Tour with cogwheel train is a unique experience not to be missed if you plan on visiting Barcelona. This tour will last approximately 4 and a half hours.
Start your half day trip from Barcelona in a comfortable bus that will take you to the mountain of Montserrat which rises majestically to 4,051 feet (1,236 meters). You will go up to Montserrat in a cogwheel train which will leave you in the middle of the Monastery. It is a 15-minute trip with a privileged and spectacular view of the mountain. The train has panoramic windows which makes the actual journey an interesting attraction. The trains are air-conditioned and they are completely wheelchair friendly.
The rocks of Montserrat formed by natural cement of sand during the centuries affected by the wind and rain which shaped the mountain with strange and varied forms. The popular imagination has seen human or animal shape in some of these peaks, giving them names and inventing legends to explain their fantastic origins. You will visit the Royal Basilica of Montserrat, which holds the famous 12th century Romanesque carving of Virgen Moreneta, the Black Virgin. The Benedictine sanctuary of Montserrat was founded in 1025 and provides a mystical backdrop for the Virgin of Montserrat, the patron saint of Catalonia who is enshrined in the monastery's Royal Basilica. The little monastery soon began to receive pilgrims and visitors who contributed to the spread of stories of miracles and wonders performed by the Virgin. Today, Montserrat has been modernized to continue attending to the needs to pilgrims one thousand years after it was originally founded.
- Air-conditioned coach
- Bilingual Official guide (English & Spanish)
- Taste of 4 typical liquors
- Entrance to Audiovisual "Espai Audiovisual Montserrat"
- Cogwheel train
- Food, drink and other amenities
- Entrance tickets to any museum/monument/sight unless distinctly specified
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Infants (0-3 years): free
- Children (4-12 years): reduced
Carrer de Balmes, 1, 08001 Barcelona, Spain
Julia Travel Office at Carrer de Balmes 5, Barcelona
- Correct dress code is requested to enter the Basilica at Montserrat. It is not permitted to enter with tank tops, strapless shirts, short shorts or sandals
- Please be aware that some walking is included during this tour, please come prepared and we recommend wearing comfortable clothes and shoes
- At Montserrat there is a mountainous climate so, depending on the season you will need clothes protecting you from the rain and/or cold
- Daily from 1 Apr - 31 Oct at 3.00pm / Check-In time: 2.45pm
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday from 1 Nov - 31 Mar at 2.30pm / Check-In time: 2.15pm
Every Thursday in Jamboree Dance Club, Bcn Or Die... Before the weekend. R&B, Hip Hop, Indie Dance, ...
Dj Eley, born in Lima, Peru 24 years ago but raised in Barcelona, has been influenced by black music...
Our new Wednesdays will make you feel like you are in paradise, join our djs and make your night ama...
Patrice Bäumel is an internationally renowned Dj and producer currently living in Amsterdam. 2017 w...
Enrico Sangiuliano is a name you will have noted if you have been anywhere in the electronic music s...
More info soon! Genres: Electronic,Techno Lines Up: East End Dubs,Hitch Atmospheres: Underground Doo...