Tickets for Fundació Antoni Tàpies
- Visit one of the modern and more interesting contemporary art museums of the city
- Enjoy a gallery full of artworks by Catalan natives including 100+ works of Tàpies, one of the main supporters of the Informalism art movement
- Discover what the Catalan artist Antoni Tàpies has to offer and marvel at his pictorial and sculptural artwork
Don’t miss one of the more modern and contemporary art museums in the city. Enjoy what the Catalan artist Antoni Tàpies has to offer and marvel at his pictorial and sculptural artwork.
Tàpies' main work was initially influenced by artists such as Paul Klee and Joan Miro. He soon started to feel attracted by the expressiveness in solid materials, an interest that he translated into fabric with intense textures and with big possibilities of communication. The iconic language from Tàpies has resulted in the creation of a plastic and diverse artwork admired all over the world.
The Fundacion offers you the possibility of exploring his collection, and also enjoying temporary exhibitions by other artists. In these months and until the beginning of 2020, two exhibitions by the main artist - 'Certezas Sentidas' and 'Teatro' - will be available to visit as well as a sample by Ariella Aïsha Azoulay called 'Errata'.
The building of this museum has both a modernist and industrial style. Whatsmore, it is considered a piece of artwork in itself as it was built at the end of the 19th century by architect Lluís Domànech i Montaner; a pioneer of modernist architecture.
- Entrance fee
- Access to the permanent and temporal exhibition
- Access to the exhibition Certezas Sentidas, Antoni Tàpies
- Access to the exhibition Teatro, Antoni Tàpies
- Access to the exhibition Ariella Aïsha Azoulay, Errata
- Access to the terrasse from the build, where is it the sculpture Tàpies Mitjó
- Audio guide (available on-site for an additional fee)
- Senior (+65 years old): reduced
- Students (with ID): reduced
- Child (0-15 years old): free
Carrer d'Aragó, 255, 08007 Barcelona, Spain
- The museum's information is available in Spanish, English and Catalan
- Children under 9 years must be accompanied by an adult
- Last admission is 15 minutes before closing
- Free lockers are available
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday: from 10.00am to 7.00pm
- Friday: from 10.00am to 9.00pm
- Sunday: from 10.00am to 3.00pm
- Closed: Monday, 1 January, 6 January, 25 December and 26 December
- Free admission: 24 September and 18 May
Human Bodies is so much more than an exhibition or an anatomy class. It’s an unforgettable experienc...
The Erotic Museum of Barcelona (MEB) is unique in the whole of Spain. It offers a large historical a...
Located in the centre of Barcelona’s historic old town, the MACBA has more than 20,000 square metres...
The Chocolate Museum is a dynamic facility promoted by the Barcelona Provincial Confectionery Guild ...
The Hash Marihuana & Hemp Museum is located in the centre of Barcelona in the Mornau Palace. An impo...
The History Museum of Catalonia was opened in 1996 by the Generalitat and it's situated in the antiq...
The Museu Nacional d’Art de Catalunya is located in the Palau Nacional of Montjuïc, constructed for ...
After more than a century as the home of the Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau, an ambitious rest...
Skip the line to visit the Picasso Museum and discover the bond between Picasso and Barcelona. The m...
Casa Vicens, the first house of Antoni Gaudí, and the first important work of the Catalan architect,...