Berlin 1-Hour Guided Tour of the Historic Center
- Discover the highlights of Berlin in a 1-hour city walk
- Learn about the history and culture of the Historic Center
- Stroll down the famous Unter den Linden boulevard
- Get a stunning view of Alexanderplatz from Berlin Palace
- Follow the remaining traces of the Berlin Wall and learn more about life and suffering in a divided city
Go on a 1-hour walk with a local guide to see the main attractions of Berlin's historic center. Learn interesting historical facts and amusing anecdotes, laced with the traditional humor of the people of Berlin.
Set off from the Brandenburg Gate and stroll down the famous Unter den Linden, named after the linden trees that line the grassed pedestrian mall and broad carriageways on each side. Stop outside the Prussian State Library and Humboldt University, considered one of the finest in Europe and where Marx and Einstein once studied. Enter the Bebelplatz and see the State Opera building and dome of St. Hedwig's Cathedral.
Then, go to the former winter residence of the German Emperors and enjoy a stunning view of Alexanderplatz and the Fernsehturm (TV Tower) from Berlin Palace.
The stops on the Tour of the Historic Center are:
- Reichstag + Chancellery
- Brandenburg Gate + messages + Adlon
- Holocaust Memorial + + Tiergarten Victory Column
- Potsdamer Platz Sony Center +
- Federal + wall + Nazibauten at Wilhelmstrasse
- Checkpoint Charly
- Gendarmenmarkt incl. German and French Cathedral and Concert House
- Bebelplatz incl. Hotel de Rome, St. Hedwig's Kathetrahle, opera and Humboldt University
- The Prussian magnificent buildings along the boulevard "Unter den Linden"
- Television Tower + City Palace + Berlin Cathedral Museum Island + + Nikolauviertel, the cradle of Berlin.
- 1-hour walking tour
- Experienced guide
- Food and drinks
- Children (ages 6-11): reduced
- Youth (ages12-17): reduced
Unter den Linden 77, 10117 Berlin, Germany
Come to the front of the main entrance at the Hotel Adlon
- Tours run in all weather conditions and on public holidays
- Expect to walk approximately 3 kilometers on the tour
- Please wear comfortable shoes and bring your camera and water, if you like
- Two daily tours at 8.30 am and 5.30 pm
Why walk when you can ride with us? The best way to explore Berlin is on our exclusive Segways. Disc...
Discover Berlin’s ambivalent queer history, including both periods of celebration of sexual freedom ...
Learn more about the final battle in Berlin, World War II, Soviet Berlin, the Berlin Wall and urban ...
Learn more about the final battle for Berlin, the arrival of the Soviets in Berlin, the Cold War, th...
Enjoy a private history tour in the center of Berlin about the final offensive in WWII. This guided ...
Start/End: at your hotel in Berlin. Our guide and driver will meet you in the hotel lobby with a nam...