Berlin History landmarks and highlights
- Visit some of the most historically important sites of the 20th Century
- See the imposing Reichstag, Brandenburg Gate
- View the Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe
- Pass one of the original surviving sections of the Berlin Wall
In under 5km you will visit some of the most historically important sites of the 20th Century, not just Europe but the whole of the world. See the imposing Reichstag, originally the parliament building constructed after the formation of the 2nd Reich and the scene of the first major step towards dictatorship after Hitler being made Chancellor in 1933.
As well as the easily recognizable, like the Brandenburg Gate, you will also visit what could be described as ‘ghost-sites’ like the nondescript car-park under which lie the remains of the Fuhrer Bunker. This was where Hitler killed himself with the Soviet forces almost upon him.
See how the German state deals with its complex and dark past as we visit a number of memorials on our way including the Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe and the Memorial to the Nazi Book Burning in Babbels Platz.
Pass one of the original surviving sections of the Berlin Wall, the very symbol of the Cold War and discuss how, why and when it was constructed, what brought it down, as well as accounts of the brutality of the East German Border Guards and incredible stories of escape.
Then head further Eastwards where you will start to appreciate the architectural grandeur of what was Prussian and then Imperial Berlin.
If you have never been to Berlin before and you would like to sample something from all of the incredible historical epoch’s of this city’s history then look no further and choose to join a private and personal tour or group tour.
Sites you will see include:
- Alexanderplatz, Reichstag and Brandenburg Gate
- The Museum Island & Humboldt University
- Bebelsplatz & Gendarmenmarkt,
- Checkpoint Charlie & Topography of Terror
- Luftwaffe HQ & Fuhrer Bunker
- Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe
- Expert guide
- Gratuities (optional)
- Entrance fees to sites visited (you will enter the Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe, the site of the Topography of Terror and The Memorial to Victims of War and Dictatorship)
Ebertstraße 24, 10117 Berlin, Germany
Meet your tour outside Hopfingerbrau which is located next to the Brandenburg Gate.
- Group tour has a maximum of 20 people
- Note you will enter the Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe, the site of the Topography of Terror (but do not go into the permanent Exhibition) and also The Memorial to Victims of War and Dictatorship
- Daily at 10.00am
- Beginning 1 August tours will operate Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays
For 12 years Berlin was the capital of the Third Reich. Hitler’s reign began in 1933, spread across ...
Experience one of a kind WOW moments at Madame Tussauds Berlin. Totally interactive sets, amazing co...
This cruise on the Spree in Berlin is the perfect option for you, if you want to see as much of Berl...
Did you know that according to the first plans, the TV Tower should have been built in a completely ...
The former Sachsenhausen concentration camp, situated in the North of Berlin, held over 200,000 pris...
The art of Yadegar Asisi, German-Persian architect and artist, is unique. With his "pano-meters" - 3...
Delve with a historian into Berlin’s history as the capital of Nazi Germany during the Third Reich. ...
Situated just side by side with the German capital, Potsdam was the residence of the German Kaisers ...
You need to relax between one tour and the other, but you don't want to stop sightseeing? So come an...
Erfahre mehr über das Ende des nationalsozialistischen Berlins, die Etablierung der sowjetischen Bes...