Third Reich Walking Tour in Berlin
- Discover the highlights of Berlin with an experienced local guide
- Go on a 2-hour walk and visit all the major historical spots
- Benefit from many insider tips about the city
- Immerse yourself in the history of the city during the National Socalist era and the Cold War
- Follow the remaining traces of the Berlin Wall and learn more about life and suffering in a divided city
This informative Berlin walking tour takes you back in history to the Third Reich and to the most important historic places - from the seizure of power by the National Socialists in 1933 to the final battle for Berlin 1945. During this time, Berlins cityscape changed enormously, through air raids, bombings, but also in the course of the reconstruction of Berlin to the imperial capital Germania. Your local guide will tell you about the still standing and the disappeared buildings and headquarters of the terror during the Nazi time in Berlin.
Walk from the Federal Chancellery to the Brandenburg Gate. Learn why it is close to a miracle that the Reichstag building is still standing. Stroll through the government district, discover the Gendarmenmarkt and learn all about the development of the city in the Nikolai quarter. At the Tiergarten, visit the Soviet War Memorial and a military cemetery. See the Holocaust Memorial, a monument to the murdered Jews of Europe. Nearby was the Fuhrerbunker, where Adolf Hitler committed suicide with his wife. The tour ends near Checkpoint Charly at the Topography of Terror, a project in Berlin for the documentation of terror in the time of National Socialism.
- 2-hour walking tour
- Experienced guide
- Food and drinks
- Children (ages 6-11 years): reduced
- Youth (ages 12-17): reduced
Konrad-Adenauer-Straße 1, 10557 Berlin, Deutschland
Come to the front of the main entrance of the Paul-Löbe-Haus, opposite the Federal Chancellery and look for a guide from TourguideMe. Closest public transports are U-Bahn station and S-Bahn station Berlin Hauptbahnhof/Hbf.
- Tours run in all weather conditions and on public holidays
- Expect to walk approximately 6 kilometers on the tour
- Please wear comfortable shoes and bring a camera and water if you like
- Two daily tours at 10.00 am and 2.00 pm
Delve with a historian into Berlin’s history as the capital of Nazi Germany during the Third Reich. ...
Captivating special effects bring 750 years of Berlin’s history to life! At Little BIG City, the uni...
Stranded behind the iron curtain for nearly 40 years, West Berlin developed its own unique identity ...
Why walk when you can ride with us? The best way to explore Berlin is on our exclusive Segways. Disc...
Tradition and innovation. Structure and freedom. Monochrome and vibrant colour. All can be utterly f...
On this private tour you’ll cruise through the parks and streets of Berlin on an easy-to-ride Segway...