Flander Fields full-day Tour from Brussels
- Visit the German cemetery and see the remaining of WW1 trenches
- Discover the place where John McCrae wrote the poem In Flanders Fields
- Dive into the moving story of the Canadian resistance
Departing from Bruxelles, join our Flander fields tour and discover the story of the WW1. The visit will start at the moving German Cemetery, from where you will reach the WW1 trenches. Then you will visit the Essex Farm Cemetery, where John McCrae wrote the famous poem In Flanders Fields after a friend’s burial on the site.
At The Brooding Soldier, you will see a statue towering over Langemark in permanent honor of the Canadian resistance during the German gas attack of 1915, followed by a moment for commemoration and photos.
After lunch, you will head to Tyne Cot Cemetery, the largest Commonwealth cemetery in the world, and Hill 60 or Hill 62. In Ypres, we will discover the stories behind four years of trench war in the In Flanders Fields Museum. The last appointment of the day will be the Last Post Ceremony at the Menin Gate, a daily tribute to all of Britain’s missing soldiers and officers.
- Guided tour
- Roundtrip transfer by coach
- Entrance to the Flanders Field Museum
- Bread Meal in Ypres
- Personal expenses
- Senior (over 65) and Students: reduced
- Child 4-12: reduced
- Child under 4: free
Brussels CityTour Office - Grasmarkt - Rue du Marché aux Herbes 82 - 1000 Brussels
- Minimum number of participants: 2
- Please arrive at Brussels CityTour Office at least 15 minutes before the departure time.
- It is recommended to wear comfortable shoes
- No refund will be given to guests who do not show up at the meeting point at the time set or to guests who lose contacts with the guide or who do not complete the tour.
- The company reserves the right to cancel the tours due to lack of demand.
- In case of acts of force majeure (strikes, weather, road conditions …) the company may modify the itinerary with alternative solutions maintaining the quality of the service.
During your visit of Brussels, here is the visit not to be missed for all chocolate lovers. The Qual...
Who hasn’t dreamt of seeing Brussels? Our tour of Brussels is an excellent introduction to Belgium. ...
Take part to our walk and discover the most secret places of Brussels with our guide. You will see t...
Discover two of Flanders’ most enchanting cities and follow our guide back in time!Ghent’s medieval ...
Spend a day at Maasmechelen Village which gathers more than 100 outlet boutiques uniting more than 1...
During this tour, discover Antwerp, Belgium’s second largest city.Our guide will take to the main at...