Accademia Gallery skip-the-line tickets
- Save time with an official skip-the-line ticket, avoiding entrance lines
- Admire the masterpieces of Michelangelo including his renowned David, the Prisoners and San Matteo
- Visit also the temporary exhibits included in your ticket price
Benefit from skip-the-line tickets to the Galleria dell'Accademia in Florence and visit one of the most important museums in Italy, home to some of the most famous masterpieces in the history of art today.
This museum houses the largest Michelangelo sculpture collection in the world, including, amongst others, the renowned David, The Prisoners and San Matteo. In addition, here you will find the single largest collection of paintings on gold background and also the Museum of musical instruments.
The Gallery was established in 1784 by the Grand Duke Pietro Leopoldo di Lorena, next to the ancient Academy of Art and Design with the aim of positioning sculptural models that students could study and reproduce. At the Academy, they studied some of the best known Florentine artists, among them Michelangelo Buonarroti, Francesco da Sangallo, Benvenuto Cellini, Giorgio Vasari and Giambologna. In 1873, the acquisition of Michelangelo's David marked a definitive turning point for the prestige of the museum.
With this ticket, you can also visit all of the Academy's temporary exhibitions.
- Skip-the-line entrance ticket to the museum
- Temporary exhibitions
- Citizens aged 18 to 25 years old, from the European Union or from non-EU states subject to reciprocity
- Reduced tickets are subject to availability. If the Reduced or Free options are not available on a particular day or time slot, it means there is no availability
Free admission (visitors must pay a pre-ordered ticket in order to skip the lines):
- Children under 18 (children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult)
- Guides and interpreters from European Union states
- ICOM, ICOMOS and ICCROM members
- European Union school groups and their teachers, within the established quotas
- Teachers and students from the following schools: Fine Arts Academies or corresponding institutions in the European Union; Architecture, Cultural Heritage, Education Studies faculties; degree programs on literary subjects with an Archeology or Art History focus; Art faculties and corresponding courses in EU member states
- Teachers with permanent and temporary contracts at Italian state and private schools (showing at the ticket office appropriate documentation issued by the MIUR or a self-certification with identity document)
- Disabled people and escorts
Via Ricasoli 58-60 - Florence
- The time slot you choose in the calendar is mandatory for the entrance
- Unfortunately, reduced tickets are not available for all time slots or dates. Should you wish to enter the museum anyway, you will have to purchase full-price tickets
- Confirmation is sent via email within 24 hours of purchase on working days
- Once purchased, tickets are not refundable
- Only bottles of water not exceeding 0.5 liters are permitted inside the museum. In addition, it is prohibited to drink inside the museum's exhibition halls.
- At the metal detectors, all other kinds of drinks, in both cans and bottles, will be retained
- The use of flash and selfie stick is not allowed inside the museum
- Once the tour is over, tour guides and group leaders cannot ask to go back into the museum other than from the entrance doors, where they must again pass through the metal detectors.
- The museum does not provide a cloakroom service, therefore it is not allowed to enter with bags and backpacks that exceed 40x30x18
- Tickets cannot be purchased by school groups. Who does not follow this rule will not be accepted at the entrance and will not get a refund.
- From Tuesday to Sunday 8.15am - 6.50pm
- From 4 June to 24 September 2019: Tuesday 8.15am-08.00pm
- Closed on Monday, New Year’s Day, Christmas Day
Take a guided tour of the Palatine Gallery and the Royal Apartments to experience the private art co...
Save on the price of the guided tour booking this excursion for independent travelers with round-tri...
"Affabulando agli Uffizi" è una visita guidata del celebre museo fiorentino studiata per i visitator...
Inspired by the world-renowned ‘Three Tenors’ of Luciano Pavarotti, Plácido Domingo and José Carrera...
Learn how to make pizza and gelato at an idyllic setting in the beautiful Tuscan countryside! You’ll...
Enjoy intimate small group walking tour through the historical city centre of Florence This small gr...