Assisi and San Francesco day-trip from Florence
- Admire the rolling green hills of Tuscany and Umbria
- Take a guided walk in the medieval city of Assisi, the birthplace of San Francesco
- Admire Giotto’s frescoes of San Francesco’s life in the superb Basilica of Assisi
Admire the art and architecture and the religious sites of Tuscany and Umbria on a full-day tour to Assisi. Admire spectacular landscapes, explore medieval hilltop towns, and tour Etruscan ruins with a knowledgeable guide.
Discover a religious pilgrimage site: join a tour through the rolling green hills of Tuscany and Umbria and marvel at the artistic jewels of Assisi. Depart early in the morning from Florence and you’ll first reach Assisi, San Francesco’s birthplace, a village that stands on the top of a hill overlooking a picturesque valley surrounded by gentle slopes and vineyards. Following in San Francisco and Santa Chiara’s footsteps, you will be guided along winding streets and alleyways to the historical and artistic treasures of this Medieval town.
In the superb Basilica of San Francesco d’Assisi, gazing Giotto’s frescoes of San Francesco’s life, you will learn the history of this important spiritual center. There will be some free time to stroll around and relax in this enchanting atmosphere. Then the itinerary will continue with the visit of Santa Maria degli Angeli, a beautiful church close to Assisi. Afterward, enjoy a pleasant ride back to Florence where the tour will end.
- Travel by GT coach or minivan
- Expert multilingual tour leader
- Guided visit of Assisi
- Entrance to Santa Chiara Church
- Entrance to Basilica of San Francesco d’Assisi
- Visit Santa Maria degli Angeli Church
- Free for children under 2 years
- 50% discount for children between 3-12 years
Villa Costanza, 50018 Scandicci FI, Italy
Meet the assistance staff, who will be wearing green shirts, at Villa Costanza, Florence bus station. Take the T1 tram and get off at the end of the line (Villa Costanza stop). From the city center, the tram ride takes about 20 minutes.
- This tour requires a minimum of 2 participants to be confirmed
- Customers must be able to climb and descend stairs
- Wednesday and Friday at 7.45am
- Return time: around 7.30pm
- From May 1 to November 15
Visit the best of Florence in less than two hours: the Cathedral, the Giotto Bell Tower, the Baptist...
This Accademia and Uffizi Galleries guided visit will take you through two of the city's best-known ...
Learn why Florence became the birthplace of the Renaissance on a 90-minute walking tour of the city’...
The “Florence and a bite of Tuscany” tour is perfect to discover the beauty of Florence environs, cy...
A pleasant walk through Florence is just what you need to be introduced to the city and its splendor...
The Tuscany wine and olive oil trail was born to give travelers the opportunity to enjoy the greater...