Siena, San Gimignano, Monteriggioni and Chianti with lunch
- Visit two UNESCO World Heritage Sites
- Enjoy a unique experience of Siena and its traditions
- Wonderful views of Tuscan rolling hills and Chianti countryside
- Stop at a typical winery for lunch and tasting of excellent Chianti wines
Your memorable journey starts with the charming San Gimignano, world-famous walled town located on a hilltop, which remained intact through the centuries, renowned for its tall towers, wonderful frescoes and many other valuable works of art: here the tour leader will lead you to the historical center, where you will have around 2 hours of free time for a fascinating discovery.
A short distance from San Gimignano, you will visit the charming historical hamlet of Monteriggioni, an amazing small medieval village enclosed by its famous walls, which remained standing to this day: free time for an inside visit.
From Monteriggioni, crossing the gently Chianti rolling hills, a short ride will take you to a cozy Winery, where you can relax and enjoy the fantastic world of Chianti with its wine and typical products: tasting of three fine wines and balsamic vinegar followed by a Chianti style lunch: 3 courses with “zero food miles” products which ends with "cantucci e vin santo".
Later on, getting to Siena, you will meet your professional local guide who will lead you on a comprehensive guided tour of the historic center (if selected), starting from the famous Basilica of San Domenico, a jewel of Renaissance art built in the 13th century and dedicated to St. Catherine of Siena, of which preserves a relic. Then strolling along the narrow medieval streets of the city, flanked by splendid palaces and historic shops, passing through Piazza del Campo, of which the Palazzo Pubblico (Town Hall) is the focal point, you will get to the spectacular Cathedral of the 12th century (inside visit if selected) and admire the magnificent architecture and the splendor of the polychrome marbles.
Choose the option which includes the inside guided visit to the famous Siena Cathedral, built in the 12th century, together with Libreria Piccolomini, to discover the beauty of its treasures and works of art: the floor (during the opening period), decorated with the art of mosaics to create storytelling masterpieces, St. John the Baptist by Donatello, the rose window by Duccio di Buoninsegna, the marble pulpit by Nicola Pisano, the Library which kept a rich collection of manuscripts.
You will also have some free time to end your perfect day enjoying the unique atmosphere of this amazing city, before the return to Florence in the evening.
- Guided visit in Siena with professional local guide (standard tour)
- Skip-the-line tickets to Siena Cathedral and Libreria Piccolomini (upgraded tour)
- Stop in San Gimignano and Monteriggioni
- 3-course lunch in the Chianti area with local wines and “zero food miles” products
- Caf Tour's staff assistance at the meeting point
- Transport by air-conditioned bus with wi-fi on board
- Licensed tour escort
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Children (ages 0-3): free of charge
- Children (ages 4-12): reduced
- Please note that you must show a document proving children’s age upon request
Piazzale Montelungo, 50129 Florence FI
In front of Caf Tour & Travel - Gray Line yellow street sign.
- You can choose between 3 options:
- Please note that the order of the visits may change
- For small groups, up to 8 pax, the tour escort could be replaced with an English speaking driver-guide, maintaining unchanged the entire program of the excursion
- Comfortable shoes are suggested - walking pace: moderate
- This tour may be conducted in 2 languages
- Duration of the tour: 08.30am - 07.30pm
- Check-in in time at the meeting point: 08.15am
- From November to March: Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday
- From April to October: every day
- Tour not available on 25 December and 1 January
- From November to March: English - Spanish (min 2 pax) / French – German – Italian (min 4 pax)
- From April to October: English – Spanish - French – German – Italian (min 2 pax)
This tour will take you to enjoy the rich history and the art of the most spellbinding sights in Tus...
Have a comprehensive experience in one of the most fascinating areas of Tuscany, known all over the ...
Explore the breathtaking Ligurian coast on a tour of Portovenere and the Cinque Terre, a small corne...
The Florence discovery begins with a relaxing and scenic bus tour, that offers panoramic views of th...
Pisa is one of the most visited cities in Tuscany. It is famous for its Leaning Tower and the beauti...
Experience the exciting discovery of the places and paths of Palazzo Vecchio that are not accessible...
Leave Florence for a day and visit Pisa, the famous city with the Leaning Tower. Enjoy a splendid ex...
Upon arrival in the historic town of Pisa, renowned for its architectural masterpieces, enjoy a guid...
Join the Official Duomo Tour and receive a personalized “WELCOME SERVICE” at the entrance; you will ...
Welcome to Palazzo Pitti! Choose to have a courtly experience with this group tour and discover the ...