Fort de France food tasting and cultural walking Tour
- Take part to this small group tour with a maximum of 10 people
- Discover in a entertaining way the city and the treasures of Fort-de-France
- Take a stroll through the streets and become part of the city
Explore Martinican sweeties and culture on this food and walking tour in the downtown of the chief town of Fort-de-France in Martinique. Sample local sweeties and beyond the bites, you’ll also experience the rich culture and architecture that Fort-de-France has to offer.
During this tour, you will stop in 5 different places in order to taste local ice creams, pastries, sugarcane juice, local candies, …
Start your tour in a good mood and stop at 2 different food shops! Then stroll around the local market where your guide will show you the local delicacy and hidden secrets, as well as the local spices and quirky souvenirs. A perfect combination of history cool stories, weird habits and juicy gossip… with food tasting!
Passing by the Old Courthouse you will see the statue dedicated to the French writer Victor Schoelcher. See the impressive architecture of the Schoelcher Library which holds many of the the artist's works, as well as his donation from his own personal collection of works. The St Louis cathedral is a Romanesque revival style Cathedral. Built in the late 19th Century, is located in the downtown area of Fort De France.
Your tour will take you to Savannah Park, where your last food tasting will take place, while sitting on the grass.
- Food tasting
- Local guide
- Walking tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entrance fees
- Tips (optional)
- Child 4 to 10: reduced
- Child 0 to 3: Free
Rue Ernest Desproges, Fort-de-France, 97200
Meet us in front of the McDonald's (at the corner of Victor Hugo Street and Desproges Street) which is located on the seaside. For cruise passengers arriving in Tourelles or in Pointe Simon ports, you will find the instructions on your voucher.
- This is a small-group tour with a maximum of 10 people
- If you are vegan or have dietary restrictions, please let us know during the booking
- Please indicate If you arrive in ports of Tourelles or Pointe Simon during the booking. Otherwise, please indicate that you will be at the central meeting point in front of the Macdonald's.
- We require a minimum of 4 passengers to run a tour. If the minimum is not met your tour may be cancelled.
- Please note: Weather conditions or equipment failure prevents the operator from running the excursion.
- We recommend to wear comfortable shoes and bring a swimming suit, sunscreen and a hat. Do not forget to bring your camera
- At 9.00
Walk the footsteps of 2,000-year old history as you explore the heart of Paris, Ile de la Cité. Sitt...
Spend a day exploring Paris in a very unusual way. This excursion on foot and river boat will show y...
Explore the city of Lourdes with a guide and learn more about the Marian apparitions of the Virgin M...
Your meeting point for this excursion is just a short distance from either of the cruise ship piers ...
Are you looking for an authentic experience of Martinique? You will have the opportunity to visit si...
This year, Santa Claus is spending December 28, and believe that he has a very, very, very nice gift...