Masada sunrise tour from Jerusalem
- Climb Masada as the sun rises
- Witness the magnificent view at sun rise over the crisp Dead Sea waters, and mountains in the distance
- Hike in the beautiful Ein Gedi Nature Reserve
- Float in the Dead Sea and immerse yourself in the therapeutic mud
Departing every day, your Masada Sunrise tour leaves nice and early to allow you to experience the famous sunrise views from the Masada fortress, before visiting the beautiful Ein Gedi Nature reserve, and the cooling waters of the Dead Sea. This is the only regular tour of Masada at sunrise! This is a unique tour taking you from Jerusalem to Masada, Ein Gedi, and the Dead Sea in the early hours so that you arrive at Masada in time to see the beautiful sun rise across the Dead Sea and Jordanian Mountains.
Leaving from Jerusalem early in the morning, you'll drive south, through the dark desert, to the foot of Masada. As you begin to climb the famous 'Snake Path', a moderate one hour hike, the sun will begin to rise over the Dead Sea, and Moab Mountains of Jordan in the distance. By the time you reach the top, the beautiful sunrise will have illuminated the landscape, providing breathtaking views.
After spending a couple of hours exploring the archaeological ruins at Masada, descend again by foot, and you'll continue to Ein Gedi. A beautiful oasis in the Judean Desert, you'll take a short hike along the spring, stopping to relax by the cool and refreshing pools. The final stop of the day is at the lowest point on earth, the Dead Sea. You'll float in the salty waters and immerse yourself in the famous therapeutic mud which is sold around the world as a beauty treatment before returning to Jerusalem.
The Masada sunrise tour is the only tour which allows you to experience this beautiful and famous sunrise, and becomes for many, the unexpected highlight of their time in Israel.
- Transportation to all sites from Jerusalem
- Entrance to the beach at the Dead Sea
- Breakfast, lunch and drinks
- Masada entrance fees is 28 ILS
- Ein Gedi entrance fees is 28 ILS
- Tour guide, this is a self-guided tour
- Children (aged 0-6)
67 Hanevi'im Street, Davidka Square, Jerusalem, 9470211
Meet in the Abraham Hostel lobby.
- Bring a breakfast, water and snacks
- Please also bring a hat and sunscreen, bathing suit and towel and comfortable walking shoes
- Your passport is needed on this tour
- In the unlikely event of there being flooding at Ein Gedi, we will instead go to Qumran or a similar location
- Tour departs daily between 3.00am to 4.00am
- Due to seasonal variations in the sunrise time, the start time of this tour varies throughout the year. Please, check the calendar for the exact start time
Join this tour to Masada, Ein Gedi and Dead Sea Tour and visit three sites full of natural beauty an...
No visit to Jerusalem would be complete without a Mahane Yehuda Market Tour - a trip to Jerusalem’s ...
The Dead Sea chill out tour, leaves from Jerusalem and heads directly from the city to the lowest pl...
Jerusalem has been fought over for thousands of years and many battles have taken place there. The c...
Leave Jerusalem on a comfortable, air-conditioned vehicle for your day trip to the Dead Sea region. ...
After departure from Jerusalem, you will head to Bethlehem and will have the opportunity to explore ...
Enjoy a full-day tour of Jerusalem before venturing to the Dead Sea. Your tour begins with hotel pic...
Start your tour from your hotel in Tel Aviv, where you will be collected by a professional driver an...
Join a relaxed evening of cooking, chatting with other guests, learning about local cuisine and tast...
'Best of the West Bank' tour offers an exciting and easy way to gain a unique and fascinating insigh...