Petra 2-day guided tour from Jerusalem
- Visit one of the Seven Wonders of the World, Petra
- Explore the ancient city of Jerash
- Experience authentic Bedouin hospitality
- Taste delicious traditional Bedouin food
Leaving Jerusalem in the morning, you'll be driven up the Israeli side of the Jordan Valley, with its stunning scenery, and will cross over the border at the Jordan River Border Crossing in the north. You'll proceed to spot the 900-year old castle of Ajloun, which held off Crusader attacks and was ‘rediscovered’ along with Petra. Passing by incredible views of northern Jordan, you'll arrive at the ancient city of Jerash, an incredibly preserved Roman city with colonnaded streets, mosaics, baths, theaters, temples, and hippodrome - an awesome blend of Eastern and Western architectural traditions.
Your following stop will be the capital city of Amman. You'll see both the modern downtown of the city and the old Citadel above the city, which includes the Temple of Hercules and historic palaces. You will have lunch in a local restaurant, and try out some sweet kanafeh for dessert. The tour will then continue south towards the desert, taking you to the Bedouin camp where you'll stay for the night. The Bedouins, nomadic inhabitants of the desert, have lived in the region for thousands of years, and will share their tasty meals and comfortable tents with you.
The second day is devoted to Petra. Petra, one of the seven wonders of the world, and poetically described as “a rose-red city half the age of time”, is an incredible experience for any traveler. Carved into the red rocks of the desert cliffs thousands of years ago by the ancient Nabatean people, Petra was hidden under sand for centuries before recently becoming accessible again. You will tour through the Visitor Centre, Siq, Treasury and Amphitheater with your guide who will explain the sites and history along the way.
After this, there will be some free time for you to continue the visit individually according to your interests: climb to the Royal Tombs; walk the Roman Cardo; hike up to the Monastery, and explore the various other sites. You'll then meet the group again for a late lunch in Wadi Musa before heading back to Jerusalem via the Allenby border crossing.
- Full transportation to all sites
- Professional tour guide
- Entrance fees
- Accommodation in Bedouin campsite
- Meals (lunch and dinner on first day, breakfast and lunch on second)
- Custom-made travel app for smartphones & tablets
- Border taxes – PAYABLE ONLY IN CASH: Israeli exit fee of 106 ILS, payable with ILS, USD or EUR; Jordanian visa fee of 40 Jordanian Dinar, payable only cash JOD (there is an option to exchange while crossing into Jordan, on the Jordanian side); Jordanian exit fee of 10 Jordanian Dinar, payable only cash JOD
- Travel insurance
- Tips (tipping is a part of the culture and economy of tourism in the Middle East, in a similar way to restaurants in the USA and Europe). Recommended tip is 3-5 USD per person per day for the guide, 1-3 USD per person per day for the driver
- Please note the reduced price is available only for children up to 11 years old. They need to show a valid passport
Abraham Hostel Jerusalem: Davidka Square, Jerusalem, 9470211, Israele
Meeting point is in the lobby of Abraham Hostel (Davidka Square, Jerusalem)
- IMPORTANT - VISA INFORMATION: you must login HERE with your Email and Booking ID to enter your passport info at least 48 hours prior to travel or you may be unable to join the tour.
- Please bring with you: valid passport, money for border crossing and exit fee, warm clothes for the night, you camera. We suggest you also bring cash for drinks, snacks, souvenirs, tips etc. (only JOD or USD are accepted in Jordan)
- Religious objects and clothing: please be aware that certain religious clothing and objects can create issues for travellers at the Border crossing. If you wish to bring such items, please get in touch prior to the tour.
- If you are traveling alone, you may need to share a room with someone of the same gender, depending on the size of the group. If you prefer to reserve a room only for yourself, there is a single supplement of 150 ILS. Just let us know when booking.
- Israeli citizens: please note, this tour is not available to sole Israeli passport holders, due to restrictions. If you have Israeli Citizenship in addition to a foreign passport, please contact us prior to the tour for special instructions regarding the border crossings
- Other Visa info: Jordan permits most Western countries to receive a travel visa at the border crossing. However, residents of some countries need to apply for a visa in advance. For re-entry into Israel, please ensure you are eligible for a Visa on Arrival, or have already arranged a multiple entry visa for Israel in advance. Check with your local embassy, or online
- Muslim holidays: during Islamic Holy Days (especially Ramadan), some sites may be closed or visiting times shortened.
- Unfortunately religious meal requirements (such as Kosher or Halal) are unable to be accommodated on this tour
- Please note the reduced price is available only for children up to 11 years old. They need to show a valid passport.
- Cancellation policy:
- Up to 1 week before departure – Partial 50% refund or change of date (subject to availability and any difference in price)
- Up to 2 weeks before departure – Partial 80% refund or change of date (subject to availability and any difference in price)
- Up to 1 month before departure – Full refund, minus 10% administration and payment processing fee or change of date
- For more information you can call the +972 2 566 0045 between 9am and 9pm (Israel time)
- tour starts at 7.00 am from Jerusalem
On this tour you'll depart from Jerusalem early on day 1, as you're going to start 3 days full of am...
The Dead Sea chill out tour, leaves from Jerusalem and heads directly from the city to the lowest pl...
'Best of the West Bank' tour offers an exciting and easy way to gain a unique and fascinating insigh...
Join this tour to Masada, Ein Gedi and Dead Sea Tour and visit three sites full of natural beauty an...
After departure from Jerusalem, you will head to Bethlehem and will have the opportunity to explore ...
Start your tour from your hotel in Tel Aviv, where you will be collected by a professional driver an...
Jerusalem has been fought over for thousands of years and many battles have taken place there. The c...
Departing every day, your Masada Sunrise tour leaves nice and early to allow you to experience the f...
The unique Hebron dual narrative tour is renowned for exploring both perspectives and narratives of ...
On your 4-day Christian tour of Israel you will be able to see all of the major religious sites and ...