Stonehenge admission ticket
- Visit Stonehenge, one of the world's most iconic prehistoric sites
- Explore the Visitors Center to try to uncover Stonehenge's mystery
Your timed admission ticket to Stonehenge gives you access to one of the world's most fascinating prehistoric sites as well as entry to the visitor center, which displays hundreds of prehistoric objects from Stonehenge. This stone-circle-shaped structure is a UNESCO World Heritage site dating back to the Neolithic era. It is believed to have been built around 2500 BC, though no one knows exactly for what. While Stonehenge's purpose still remains a mystery, historians and archaeologists have put forth a few theories and speculations which you can discover at the Visitor Center.
In addition, the new outdoor gallery showcases several reconstructed Neolithic houses designed to offer some insight into the Neolithic lifestyle of the individuals who constructed this masterpiece of engineering.
All photos by English Heritage
- Entry to Stonehenge (ticket has timed entry)
- Children 5-15 years old: reduced
- Senior Citizens 60+: reduced
- Students: reduced (must show a valid student ID)
- Family ticket (2 adults and up to 3 children)
Stonehenge Visitor Center, Amesbury, Wiltshire SP4 7DE
Please show your voucher at the main reception of the Stonehenge Visitor Center upon arrival to exchange your voucher for a ticket
- Admission to Stonehenge is now managed through timed tickets so advance booking is strongly recommended as it's the only way to guarantee entry on the day and at the time of your choice
- Parking is available on site, and is free to English Heritage members and Stonehenge ticket holders
- Bus access: The Stonehenge Tour Bus is the public bus departing from Salisbury rail and bus stations
Open every day
1 April – 31 May
9.30am – 7pm
1 June – 31 August
9am – 8pm
1 September – 16 October
9.30am – 7pm
17 October – 1 April
9.30am – 5pm
23 – 24 December: see website for times
10am – 5pm
Closed on 25 December
Opening times on 20 – 21 June are subject to change due to summer solstice.
Last entry is two hours prior to closing time
What better way to enjoy the highlights of London than on-board a vintage 1950s Routemaster bus with...
Step into the world of Harry Potter and discover the magic hidden behind the most successful film se...
Step into the oldest and largest occupied castle in the world - Windsor Castle. Complimentary audio ...
Step aboard London's iconic Coca-Cola London Eye for a unique panorama of the UK capital. It takes 3...
No need to wait in line to rise above the noisy streets thanks to your fast-track tickets - you'll b...
Visit the Tower of London, not as a prisoner, but as a guest with this ticket! Considered one of the...
Located within Kensington Gardens, Kensington Palace is the official residence of the Duke and Duche...
Feel the towering might of Westminster Abbey's Gothic walls and bathe in the light of its stained gl...
Are you visiting Oxford but you only have a couple of hours? No worries! Just hop on board with this...
You'll get unlimited access for 24 hours to Bath's distinctive City Sightseeing red buses. You'll ha...