Unique Fully Guided Warner Bros. Studio Tour London – The Making of Harry Potter
- THE ONLY FULLY-GUIDED Warner Bros Studios Tour - The Making of Harry Potter
- Features a dedicated Harry Potter guide who will share set secrets and behind-the-scene facts not heard anywhere else
- Experience sets and props from all eight Harry Potter films, including the Great Hall, Platform 9 ¾™, Hagrid's™ Hut, and many more
- Save time with train transportation from central London and timed entry into the studio
- Stay as long as you like after the guided tour. Receive priority re-entry into the studio to enjoy extra time on your own, have a late lunch, or pick up some special Harry Potter souvenirs
- Return to central London easily and at your convenience with train tickets and instructions provided by your guide. Trains depart frequently for central London
- Electronic headsets to clearly hear your guide
- Small groups of 15 people or fewer
Enjoy this once-in-a-lifetime experience when you join our unique fully-guided tour at Warner Bros. Studio Tour London - The Making of Harry Potter available through City Wonders.
Your journey will start in Central London where you will meet your City Wonders representative. Travel by train directly to Warner Bros. Studio Tour London where you will enjoy timed access and be greeted by a dedicated Studio Tour guide who will reveal the wonders you will encounter throughout your tour of the original sets, props and costumes from all eight of the Harry Potter films. You will be given your own personal headset to ensure you do not miss any of the fascinating behind-the-scenes facts. Once your guided tour comes to an end you can choose to re-enter the Studio Tour and ride a broomstick over London in the green screen experience, or even spend some time discovering the full range of Harry Potter merchandise in the Studio Shop!
Your unforgettable experience will start with a short film in the cinema before you enter the iconic Great Hall set where your guided tour will begin. Your Studio Tour guide will share production secrets and inside information, as well as highlighting the processes used to bring the films to life. This experience is unique and the best way to explore the behind-the-scenes magic of the Harry Potter film series. Take a look inside Dumbledore’s study, walk along the famous cobbled street of Diagon Alley™, featuring the shop fronts of Ollivanders™, Flourish and Blotts™, Weasleys’ Wizard Wheezes, Gringotts Bank™ and Eeylops Owl Emporium™. Visit the original Hogwarts Express™ locomotive and a recreation of Platform 9 ¾™. Climb aboard the train’s carriage and pose with a luggage trolley as it disappears through the platform wall. Enjoy other memorable sets from the Harry Potter film series including the Gryffindor™ common room, the boys’ dormitory, Hagrid’s™ Hut, the Potions classroom and Professor Umbridge's™ office at the Ministry of Magic – all while being captivated by the secrets and insights shared by your guide.
Once your guided tour comes to an end, you have the option to re-enter and explore the Warner Bros. Studio Tour London at your leisure, find that special Harry Potter souvenir at the Studio Shop or enjoy a coffee in the Studio Tour Cafe. When you are ready to head back to central London, your City Wonders representative will have provided train tickets and information needed for an easy journey.
This unique fully guided tour at Warner Bros. Studio Tour London - The Making of Harry Potter is the only tour of its kind – the memory of a lifetime!
Please note that this is an English language only tour and other languages cannot be accommodated for.
Hogwarts in the Snow
Harry Potter fans are invited to experience Christmas in the Wizarding World and discover how film-makers created fire, ice and snow that never melts as Warner Bros. Studio Tour London undergoes a magical makeover for Hogwarts in the Snow. From Saturday 17th November – Sunday 27th January 2019, visitors will have the opportunity to see the Harry Potter film series’ most iconic sets decorated for festive scenes. The Great Hall will be transformed, the Gryffindor common room will be dressed for the season and a blanket of filmmaking snow will be meticulously applied to the majestic Hogwarts castle model.
The festive transformation will begin in the Great Hall, where the stage will again be decorated as it was for the iconic Yule Ball. As seen in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, the celebration of the Triwizard Tournament saw every detail of the Great Hall covered in shimmering silver, dripping icicles and sparkling snow. Visitors to the Studio Tour will get a taster of this incredible set dress as the top section of the Great Hall will be transformed with snow-covered Christmas trees, icicles and an orchestra of magical instruments that have been painted by the Prop-Making Department to match the silver of the Yule Ball.
In addition to the Yule Ball decoration, The Great Hall will be lined with Christmas trees and the long dining tables will be dressed as they were for seasonal feasts at Hogwarts with prop versions of roast turkeys, hams studded with cherries and even Christmas puddings surrounded by real flames.
As part of the Hogwarts in the Snow feature, many of the iconic sets housed at the Studio Tour will receive a festive makeover. The Gryffindor Common Room and Boys’ Dormitory will be decorated with the original props including handmade Christmas cards, some of which were created by the cast members during production. Fireplaces throughout the Studio Tour (including those in the Leaky Cauldron and Great Hall) will be ‘lit’ with special effects fire, created by John Richardson and the SFX team using a combination of water vapour and lighting effects.
The Hogwarts castle model will be transformed with a layer of filmmaking snow. During filming, a member of the crew climbed aboard an elevated work platform and sprinkled the ‘snow’ mixture of granulated paper and grains of salt onto the model by hand with a sieve – like dusting sugar onto a cake. The same process will be used at the Studio Tour this November. Visitors will even be able to touch samples of the different types of ‘snow’ used during production, each selected for its ability to float like falling snow, crunch under foot or glisten in the light like ice.
Hogwarts in the Snow will run from Saturday 17th November – Sunday 27th January 2019. Tickets must be pre-booked, and all extra features are included in the ticket price.
- Fully guided tour of Warner Bros. Studios with an expert Harry Potter tour guide
- Admission with timed entry to Warner Bros Studios
- Transportation to and from the meeting point
- Small groups of 15 people or fewer
- Headsets when appropriate, so you can always hear your guide
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Children and infants: reduced
Euston Station, London
Under the ARRIVALS electronic notice board on the main concourse inside Euston station. The ARRIVALS electronic notice board is located between platforms 8 and 9.
- The total duration of the tour is five hours, comprising one hour travel time to Warner Brothers Studios, three hours guided tour, and one hour travel time back to London
- The guided tour ends at Warner Brothers Studios around 1.30pm. Guests can optionally have priority re-admission to the studios to explore on their own, have a late lunch, or purchase some special Harry Potter souvenirs
- Please note that if you book the 12:45 departure time from April to December, on some dates you might not be able to re-enter the studios after the tour.
- The guided tour will be in English
- We regret that we are unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance. Strollers can be accommodated but must be left at the luggage check in upon arrival at the studios
- Photography is permitted throughout the tour except for the cinema rooms
- Please note that parents may be requested to produce proof of child ages on the day of the tour
- Meeting time: 9.00am
- Departure time: 9.15am
- Meeting time: 11.30am
- Departure time: 11.45am
Step into the world of Harry Potter and discover the magic hidden behind the most successful film se...
Feel the towering might of Westminster Abbey's Gothic walls and bathe in the light of its stained gl...
Step aboard London's iconic Coca-Cola London Eye for a unique panorama of the UK capital. It takes 3...
The View from The Shard – the tallest building in Western Europe – takes you on a multi-sensory jour...
No need to wait in line to rise above the noisy streets thanks to your fast-track tickets - you'll b...
Step into the oldest and largest occupied castle in the world - Windsor Castle. Complimentary audio ...
Visit the Tower of London, not as a prisoner, but as a guest with this ticket! Considered one of the...
After collecting your tickets and itinerary for the day you will then relax and enjoy your train jou...
Located within Kensington Gardens, Kensington Palace is the official residence of the Duke and Duche...
See the best of the royal side to London in a single morning! Get in before the crowds to the famed ...