Windsor Castle tickets
- Experience the oldest and largest working castle in the world
- Explore 13 acres of castle grounds and the majestic State Apartments
- Discover St George’s Chapel, the resting place of British monarchs
- See the ceremonial Changing of the Guard during summer months
- Visit when you please with tickets valid all-day long
Windsor Castle, the largest and oldest occupied castle in the world, is the home of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. The Castle's dramatic site encapsulates 900 years of British history and its magnificent State Rooms and works of art reflect the tastes of successive kings and queens.
In 1992 a devastating fire destroyed or damaged more than 100 rooms at the Castle. The highly acclaimed restoration work, completed in 1997, is a testament to the skills of some of the finest craftsmen in Europe. HM The Queen and her family spend most of their private weekends at Windsor Castle. The Queen is also officially in residence throughout April and June, when the annual Garter Service is held in St George's Chapel.
This sprawling grand home covers an area of 13 acres and overlooks charming Windsor town – pay the castle a visit and find out why our royals have lived here for centuries!
The State Apartments
Take a look inside the heart of the working palace – the State Apartments. Regularly used for ceremonial and official occasions, the Apartments are furnished with some of the finest works of art from the Royal Collection. Try and spot the paintings by Rembrandt, Rubens and Leonardo da Vinci that hang from the walls! During the winter months the richly decorated Semi-State Rooms are added to the visitor route.
Queen Mary’s Dolls House
Specially built for Queen Mary by leading British architect Sir Edwin Lutyens in the 1920s, Queen Mary’s Dolls House is a magical miniature residence with extraordinary attention to detail. Complete with working lights, running water and a tiny garden, this doll house is a perfect replica of an aristocratic home. The library is even filled with original works by famous writers of the day!
St. George's Chapel is one of the finest examples of gothic architecture in England. It has been the setting for many royal weddings and is the burial place of ten sovereigns. The Chapel is dedicated to the patron saint of the Order of the Garter. Britain's highest Order of Chivalry. The Changing of the Guard takes place at 11.00 am, weather permitting, from Monday to Saturday between April and the end of June, and on alternate days for the rest of the year, with the exception of Sundays.
The Changing of the Guard
This rousing, truly British ceremony takes place at 11.00am, weather permitting, from Monday to Saturday between April and the end of June. The rest of the year it takes place on alternate days, with the exception of Sundays.
- Admission to Windsor Castle
- Audio guides in 9 languages
- Transportation to Windsor Castle
- Children (ages 4 and under): free of charge
- Children (ages 5-16)
- Students and seniors (60+)
Windsor, Berkshire SL4 1NJ
The nearest railway stations are Windsor and Eton Central or Windsor and Eton Riverside.
- As a working royal palace, the Castle is used frequently by The Queen for state ceremonies and official entertaining. Closures may occasionally occur at short notice
- Complimentary audioguides are available in English, French, Spanish, German, Italian, Japanese, Mandarin, Russian and Brazilian Portuguese
- Due to heightened security, visitors will not be allowed to take any form of liquid into Windsor Castle
- When the State Apartments are closed the Precincts, Queen Mary’s Dolls’ House and the Drawings Gallery will remain open
- Tickets are non-refundable
Windsor Castle is open daily throughout the year, with a few exceptions when the Castle is used for official functions. When the State Apartments are closed the Precincts, Queen Mary’s Dolls’ House and the Drawings Gallery will remain open
- 9th, 10th and 22nd April
- 15th June
- 25th and 26th December
State Apartment closures:
- 22nd April
- 4th to 7th May
- 14th June
- 16th June
St George's Chapel closures:
- 23rd and 24th December
After your courtesy pick up, you will head out to Windsor Castle where over 900 years of royal histo...
Visit the Tower of London, not as a prisoner, but as a guest with this ticket! Considered one of the...
Step aboard London's iconic Coca-Cola London Eye for a unique panorama of the UK capital. It takes 3...
Your timed admission ticket to Stonehenge gives you access to one of the world's most fascinating pr...
Warner Bros. Studio Tour London – The Making of Harry Potter provides an amazing new opportunity to ...
Feel the towering might of Westminster Abbey's Gothic walls and bathe in the light of its stained gl...
Located within Kensington Gardens, Kensington Palace is the official residence of the Duke and Duche...
No need to wait in line to rise above the noisy streets thanks to your fast-track tickets - you'll b...
Meet your guide at Westminster tube station and make your way to see the Ministry of Magic and filmi...
This tour will take you to the famous megalithic monument of Stonehenge and the elegant city of Bath...