Day trip to Oman's Grand Canyon Jebel Shams from Muscat
- Go sightseeing at Sultan Qaboos Mosque exploring its marvelous architecture
- Explore the ancient city of Nizwa and delve into its rich history
- Witness the sprawling valleys and lofty mountains during the drive
- Visit Al Hamra and gaze at a 300-year-old human settlement
After your pick-up travel to Nizwa, the city that once served as the capital of the country, the birthplace of Islam in Oman Sultanate and a cultural hotspot of the country. Travel exploring the enchanting beauty of the elevated towers, which includes the Nizwa Souk and the Round Tower Fort of the 17th century, located close by the historic forts and the ancient Souks. Visit and shop at the different souks at the place that is known among the travelers and the tourists for the handicrafts, the hand-carved daggers that are mostly referred to as the ‘Khanjars’ and the exquisite silver jewelry. Later you will go to Jebel Shams. Enjoy the ride and then stop at Al Hamra, which is a 300-year-old city located close to a flourishing oasis and see Misfat Al Brein which is a village belonging to the 13th century located at the border of a Canyon. Stroll through the mountain roads to arrival at Jebel Shams and awe at the majestic peaks at the range that touches the clouds with a height of almost 3000 meters.
As the trip comes to an end enjoy the ride back to Muscat and pass through the fascinating Muscat embassy quarter and the most charming Sultan Qaboos Mosque. You will be fascinated by the magnificent beauty of the Islamic Architecture.
- Pickup and drop-off from Muscat
- Transportation by 4WD vehicle
- Mineral water
- Sightseeing entrance fees
Please provide your pick-up location at check-out and call the local operator to confirm it 48 hour before the tour.
- Please provide your pick-up location at check-out and call the local operator to confirm it 48 hour before the tour
- Pick-up is available only from Muscat
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Tour duration may vary depending on city traffic
- This is a moderate activity that includes some short walks
- The tour duration may vary depending on traffic conditions
Al Angham is a breathtaking dining location with elegant and intricate ceilings and woodwork. It is ...
Muscat is a beautiful city which lies in a maze of brown pleated Mountains.Your visit starts with a ...
Whether you enjoy dune bashing with our experienced drivers in the powdery desert of Wahiba Sands or...
Have the best of your stay in Muscat and arrange your private airport transfer in advance. Let your ...
Take a private full-day tour to explore the best of Wahiba Sands and Wadi Bani Khalid. Admire the in...
Upon arrival, explore the sights of the city’s historic fortifications, noted for numerous mosques a...