Half-day Muscat city tour
- Admire the Grand Mosque, an architectural marvel
- Visit the fish market and the folkloric Muttrah souk
- Take a stroll through the streets and become part of the city
- Freedom to organize the experience the way you want it
Muscat is a beautiful city which lies in a maze of brown pleated Mountains.
Your visit starts with a drive through the ministries' area, where you can see a number of modern buildings with touches of ancient, Islamic architecture. Your first stop will be the Grand Mosque, which is an architectural marvel and perhaps the new landmark of the city. You will then visit the fish market and the folkloric Muttrah souk, with its narrow covered alleys where you can smell exotic aromas of mounds of spices, coffee beans, and ancient remedies, all enticing perfumes that fill the air.
Next, engage in a visit to the Bait Al Zubair Museum, which has a fine exhibit of Omani history and culture, encompassing all of the areas traditional values.
You will also have a photo-stop at the magnificent Al Alam Palace (the official residence of Sultan Qaboos) flanked by the twin Portuguese forts of Mirani & Jalali. Tour will end in Mutrah souk & then transfer back to your hotel.
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Multilingual audio guide in English, Spanish, German, Italian and French
- Entrance fees to Bait Al Zubair
- Food and drinks
- Tips (optional)
- Children under 12 years old: reduced
Pick up and Drop off from your City Hotel in Muscat.
The Gray Line staff will pick you up in most of the major hotels in Muscat. The pick-up time varies between 1 hour to 15 minutes before the start of the tour at Gray Line terminal ( Dubai Internet City Metro ). Be ready in your hotel lobby 10 minutes prior to the pick-up time provided.
- Audio guides available in English, Spanish, French, German and Italian
- IMPORTANT: Please confirm the pick-up time (and place) directly with the local operator. You will find the contact information in the voucher after booking
- Smoking is prohibited in all vehicles
- Before Photographing any local residents, kindly ask their permission
- Photographing local ladies is not permitted
- Men visiting the Mosque should wear long trousers
- Ladies visiting the Mosque are required to cover their head with a scarf and do not wear shorts, beachwear or sleeveless outfits as they are to be fully covered
- The vehicle would arrive at any time in between the said timings unless due to any unavoidable circumstances such as traffic conditions, mishap or in case of any other delay
- The vehicle would wait at the maximum for 5 minutes for the guest, so as the other guests at the next pick up location are not delayed
- Every day (except Fridays)
- Tour Starting Time: 09.00 am
The tour begins by driving through the beautiful embassy quarter of Muscat en route to Sultan Qaboos...
You will start the tour passing by the Royal Opera, a massive monument ordered by the Sultan himself...
We start with a spectacular drive through the Hajar mountains via the oases of Fanjah and Birkat Al ...
Hop aboard our Sunset Dhow cruise, where you will enjoy a beautifully panoramic view of the coast of...
Drive to the foothills of the Jebel Akhdar mountain range. Your first stop will be at the Nizwa Souq...
You will embark on your journey from the Marina Bandar where you will board the exclusive boat and s...
You'll start in the morning at 9 am to drive to the historic town of Nizwa, Oman’s cultural capital....
After your pick-up travel to Nizwa, the city that once served as the capital of the country, the bir...
Whether you enjoy dune bashing with our experienced drivers in the powdery desert of Wahiba Sands or...
You will visit the oasis village of Nakhl were built into the mountain you will find the Nakhl Fort....