Herculaneum private last minute tour with an expert guide
- Discover the world-famous archaeological site of Herculaneum with an expert guide
- See the impressively well preserved traces of the people who lived there
- Get to know how the people of Herculaneum escaped to the beach and what happened to them
Book this 3-hour private tour to discover the fascinating archaeological site of Herculaneum with a dedicated private guide.
Located in the shadow of Mount Vesuvius, Herculaneum (Italian: Ercolano) was an ancient Roman town destroyed by volcanic pyroclastic flows in 79 AD. Unlike Pompeii, the deep pyroclastic material which covered it preserved wooden and other organic-based objects such as roofs, beds, doors, food and even some 300 skeletons which were discovered in recent years along the seashore.
You'll see the Northern Cardo (road oriented north-south), the House of the Skeleton, Thermopolium (restaurant food), Men's Thermal Bath, Temple of Augustali, Forum (main square), House of the Black Saloon, House of Neptune and Amphitrite, House of Bel Cortile, the Samnite House, the House of the Wooden Partition, the Bakery, the Gym, the Home of the Bucks, the Marina gate, terrace of Marcus Nonius Balbus and the beach where the skeletons of the victims of the eruption were discovered.
- expert local guide
- tickets for the archeological site of Herculaneum
- hotel pickup and drop-off
Corso Resina, 80056 Ercolano (Naples)
Meet your guide in front of the main entrance of Herculaneum archaeological site.
- Wear comfortable shoes and bring along a hat and a bottle of water
- Large bags and backpacks inside the site will not be allowed. You will be able to leave them at the entrance where a free cloakroom service will be available
- every day at 10 am and 2.30 pm
Join this panoramic visit of Naples (without guide): drive along the seafront of the Gulf and enjoy ...
Discover the pearls of this breathtaking coast. Enjoy your time as you see the historic center, the ...
Make an authentic neapolitan pizza during this 1.5 hour cooking class!Under the watchful eye of a pr...
Explore the Amalfi Coast with a knowledgeable driver aboard a comfortable Mercedes. You’ll depart fr...
Exploring a city as beautiful, vibrant and chaotic as Naples is not an easy task: if you want to dis...
17.11 Domenica ore 17.00 Break present Chris Liebing Known for his prominence on Frankfurt's dance m...