Pompeii and Herculaneum shore excursion from Naples
- Enjoy an excursion from the cruise port of Naples with transportation
- Tour the western part of the ancient town of Pompeii with a guide
- Walk through the wonderful city of Herculaneum
Enjoy vivid two-hour walking tours of both Pompeii and Herculaneum with a private guide and transportation.
This tour consists of a marvelous walking tour with an archaeologist around of the ancient Roman cities of Pompeii and Herculaneum, buried from the ashes of the volcano Vesuvius in 79 AD.
Walk the streets of Pompeii, that still feels alive, while the guide tells you about the history of the town and how the Romans lived, showing you all the most important public buildings and private houses.
While Pompeii was covered in five meters of ash, an avalanche of mud 20 meters thick buried Herculaneum, which offers a smaller but better preserved look into old Roman lives, compared to Pompeii.
Here it is still possible to see second stories, carbonized wooden objects, intact paintings and mosaics. With your guide's explanation the city will come to life.
- Qualified archaeologist guide-assistant
- Skip-the-line admission fees in Pompeii and Herculanuem
- Private transportation in a Mercedes minivan with a professional driver
- All taxes, fuel and parking expenses
- Lunch in a restaurant
- Children (aged 3-12)
Piazzetta di Porto, 80133 Napoli NA
Look for your driver-guide holding a sign with your name written on it.
- Wear comfortable closed toe shoes to walk through the ruins
- In the summer NO flip flops
- Bring sunglasses, sunscreen and water
- Lunch stop in between Pompeii and Herculaneum (not obliged to stop)
- Infant seats are available on request, if advised at time of booking
- Please provide the name of the cruise ship, or name and address of your accommodation in the city
- Daily at 9.00am
Housed in a 16th-century palace originally built as the residence for cavalry barracks and inaugurat...
Join this panoramic visit of Naples (without guide): drive along the seafront of the Gulf and enjoy ...
Explore the Amalfi Coast with a knowledgeable driver aboard a comfortable Mercedes. You’ll depart fr...
Naples' archaeological treasures are amongst the world's most impressive, and its swag of vainglorio...
The suggestive Crypts of San Domenico are home to the tomb of Ippolita Cantelmo Stuart of the Royal ...
Exploring a city as beautiful, vibrant and chaotic as Naples is not an easy task: if you want to dis...