2-day excursion to Mont Saint-Michel, Loire Valley Chateaux and Wine Tasting from Paris
- Two-day tour leaving from Paris
- Visit the iconic village and abbey of Mont Saint-Michel
- Explore 3 incredible Châteaux of the Loire Valley: Chenonceau and Langeais
- Wine Tasting to discover the delicious wine of the Loire Valley
- Guided tours with a qualified guide-interpreter
This two-day excursion from Paris takes you to the Mont Saint-Michel and the Castle of Langeais and Chenonceau, two of the most beautiful Châteaux of the Loire Valley. At the end of day 2, you'll enjoy a wine tasting at the Cave des Dômes in Chenonceau.
DAY 1 | Mont Saint-Michel and its Abbey
You'll leave from our agency in Paris at 7.15am to reach the Mont Saint-Michel around 11.30am. Right on time for lunch, your guide will take you directly to the Relais Saint Michel (or similar restaurant) located on the bay facing Mont Saint-Michel. There you can enjoy a relaxing meal and taste some regional specialties.
After lunch, you will board a shuttle that takes you across the causeway to Mont Saint-Michel. Explore this exceptional wonder of the Western world with your guide, strolling the city walls or the Grande Rue with its many museums, shops and medieval houses until you reach the top of the mountain and the Mont Saint-Michel abbey. The guided tour will introduce you to this Benedictine abbey that dates back to the 8th century. Dedicated to Saint Michael the Archangel, the building boasts incredible Gothic architecture. Explore the refectory and the one-of-a-kind garden overlooking the sea. Then, take in the breathtaking scenery and the magnificent view of the Mont Saint-Michel bay as you make your way down along the city walls. You could also choose to stroll the village's narrow streets, stopping to pick up a souvenir or to sample a delicious crêpe.
The bus leaves Mont Saint-Michel at 4.30pm for Angers (about 2.5 hours away) where you will spend the night at the Mercure Lac de Maine (or a similar hotel). Dinner will be served at the hotel restaurant.
DAY 2 | Langeais and Chenonceau Castles and Wine Tasting
After a good night's sleep and a delicious breakfast at the hotel in Angers, the bus will set off for the Châteaux of the Loire Valley. The bus makes a brief stop near Château d’Angers so you can view the exterior of the medieval fortress. The guide will also tell you about the castle. About one hundred kilometers away lies Langeais, where you will enjoy your first tour of the day. Follow your guide inside the structure, which is made up of two incredible châteaux. Take in the oldest keep in France (constructed around the year 1000) and the Château de Louis XI built in 1465 while you experience French history through depictions made with highly realistic wax figures.
The guided tour of Langeais is followed by a chance to enjoy lunch on your own in Amboise, about 45 minutes away. Your guide will help you choose the restaurant where you want to eat.
It will take about 20 minutes for the bus to reach the next stop, Château de Chenonceau. Explore this castle that played a special role in French history and its awe-inspiring architecture built over the Cher river. It is also known as the "Château des Dames" and the guided tour will teach you about the history of this castle, built and renovated by many famous French women, including Diane de Poitiers and Catherine de' Medici. You can also admire the lavishly decorated rooms whose ornaments speak to the refined way of life in France.
The guided tour to the Château de Chenonceau is followed by a Wine Tasting of local wines at the Cave des Dômes in Chenonceau. You will be immersed into the raffined gastronomy of the Loire Valley.
The bus is scheduled to return to our agency in Paris around 9 pm.
- Transportation in air conditioned coach
- Transport depending on the tour selected
- Entrance tickets for the various monument and museum visits
- Accommodation in 3*** hotel (double room occupancy with private bathroom, triple room unavailable)
- Porterage service on hotel arrival and departure
- Lunch and evening meal on day 1
- Buffet breakfast on day 2
- Services of a tour guide
- Return transport from/to your residence in Paris, depending on the tour selected
- Lunch on day 2
PARISCityVISION 2 Rue des Pyramides, 75001 Paris
Meet us at the Agency Paris CityVision 15 minutes before departure time of the tour. Metro: Tuileries (1) , Pyramides (7, 13).
- The Wine Tasting could be before or after the Visit of the Château de Chenonceau
- For any booking which requires a single room (triple room unavailable), a supplement of 65€ will have to be paid at PARISCityVISION agency prior your tour departure
- ATTENTION: No triple room available
- Comfortable clothing and good shoes recommended
- Free cancellation up to 6 calendar days before departure (Central European Time) | Beyond that period, the following fees apply: | 5 calendar days prior service: 50% of tour price (Central European Time) | 3 calendar days prior service: 100% of tour price (Central European Time)
Friday and Sunday
Departure at 7.15am
Enjoy the Musée d’Orsay’s fantastic collection of Impressionist art with this day-ticket that’s vali...
tennis: Semifinal pack: 6 & 7 june 07-06-2019 1S Allée Suzanne Lenglen, 75016 Paris, France E-Ticket...
tennis: Final pack: 8 & 9 june 09-06-2019 1S Allée Suzanne Lenglen, 75016 Paris, France E-Tickets Ti...
Make the most of your visit of Paris with this combo offer including an audioguided tour of the Eiff...
Make the most of your visit of Paris with our skip-the-line audioguided tour of the Eiffel Tower!Ori...
tennis: Weekendpack 1+2 june 01-06-2019 1S Allée Suzanne Lenglen, 75016 Paris, France E-Tickets Tick...