Entrance tickets to Monnaie de Paris
- Explore at your leisure and spend more time at your favorite parts
- Avoid the ticket line and walk right in to spend more time with the art
- Come face-to-face with a variety of works and appreciate them with your own eyes
The Monnaie de Paris
The Monnaie de Paris, housed in a majestic neoclassical building in the very heart of the city, opens its doors since 2017 to unveil its 1,150-year history and exclusive treasures to the public. Founded in 864, Monnaie de Paris is France's longest standing institution and the oldest enterprise in the world. It fulfils the public service mission of striking the euro coins in circulation for France, as well as coins for other foreign currencies.
The Museum of the Monnaie de Paris
The museum, entirely renovated in 2017, enhances the unique craftsmen know-how of the Monnaie de Paris and its exceptional heritage collections. Along this sensory and interactive experience around metal, visitors go behind the scenes of coins striking and art objects making, especially through windows showing the operating art workshops. The Museum brings together several disciplines (art, science and technology, history of peoples, tastes and economy, archaeology and sociology) to express the wealth of talent working in the manufacture and the richness of the heritage collections. A gastronomic restaurant, a café and a boutique supplement this substantial cultural offer.
- Entrance fees
- Permanent exhibition
- Audio guide
- Temporary exhibitions
- Guided tour
All reduced rates and free tickets are available at the ticket office upon presentation of a valid proof. Presentation of justification dating less than six months will be required for the visitor to benefit from the reduced rate or a free ticket.
- Under 26s, upon presentation of proof of identity
- Teachers, upon presentation of an Education Pass for the current school year
- Professional certificate or practicing certificate for national higher education
- Arts and culture professionals. Professional artists, national and regional guide-interpreters, national lecturers: upon presentation of card or proof of affiliation to the Maison des artistes with annual sticker or international artist identity card or the Cité internationale des arts card
- Professional guide-interpreter or national lecturer card
- Partners (Citéco, Unlimited UGC, Les Vedettes du Pont Neuf,…)
- Partners and children of Monnaie de Paris employees
- Jobseekers who receive government-guaranteed minimum social benefits: jobseeker's card or proof of compensation received (dating less than 6 months) from the employment centre + proof of identity / proof of payment (RSA), certificate of admission or compensation (ASS), proof of situation or admission (CMU) + proof of identity
- Under 18s, upon presentation of proof of identity
- People with disabilities and their carer: upon presentation of COTOREP cards with DDASS stamp, ONAC card or equivalent certificate from another country, Departmental Home for Disabled Persons (MDPH) or Commission for Rights and autonomy of people with disabilities card holders
- Volunteer visual interpreters
- ICOM (International Council of Museums) and CEA (French association of curators) card holders: upon presentation of valid card and proof of identity
- Press: press card or art critics association or art press trade union membership cards, of the current year + proof of identification
- Partners (TRAM, FIAC, Artistik Rezo, CIMAM,…).
- Art, Applied Arts and History of Art students and partner schools / universities: upon presentation of a French or European student card, of the current year + a proof of identification.
- For non-EU nationals, upon presentation of the valid international student card.
- Monnaie de Paris employees and their family (partner and children)
Monnaie de Paris, 11 Quai de Conti 75006 Paris
Present your ticket at the entrance of the venue during opening hours. Tuesday to Sunday From 11.00am to 7.00pm | Late opening on Wednesday until 9.00pm | Closed on January 1st, May 1st and December 25th | Last entries in the Museum at 4.00pm on December 24th and 31st. METRO: Pont Neuf (Line 7), Odéon (Lines 4 and 10), Saint-Michel (Line 4).
- Tickets valid until 12 October 2021
- Temporary exhibitions are NOT included
- Tickets are not refundable nor exchangeable
- Wheelchair and portable seats on loan at the ticket office
Tuesday to Sunday
From 11.00am to 7.00pm
Late opening on Wednesday until 9.00pm
Closed on January 1st, May 1st and December 25th
Last entries in the Museum at 4.00pm on December 24th and 31st
This half day excursion gives you an opportunity to discover Paris's famous tourist sights and monum...
Spend your day enjoying two of the most important Parisian sights, Sainte Chapelle and the Louvre Mu...
Walk the footsteps of 2,000-year old history as you explore the heart of Paris, Ile de la Cité. Sitt...
Paris is a city with a lot of history and even more attractions so if you want to see the best of it...
Spend a day exploring Paris in a very unusual way. This excursion on foot and river boat will show y...
Dive into the heart of the Seine Musicale, one of Europe’s most modern venues! Uncover the secrets b...