Versailles bike tour
- Explore the most beautiful areas of Versailles with your guide
- Enter the Chateau with skip-the-line tickets
- Explore the Hall of Mirrors and Marie Antoinette's Hamlet
- Picnic along the Grand Canal
Upon arrival in the town of Versailles, your group will ride to the famous city market to shop for picnic supplies (cost not included). Then, you will cruise through the Chateau's enormous grounds along a network of fantastic trails and tree-lined paths to visit Marie Antoinette's Hamlet and both the Petit & Grand Trianons. Next, it's on to enjoy a picnic at the end of the Grand Canal where you will settle down for a royal feast.
After lunch, continue through the grounds and enter the chambers of the Chateau itself. This bike tour offers you skip-the-line access to the Chateau to avoid the tremendously long lines. See the room where Marie Antionette's guards were killed as they protected her from the mob at the beginning of the Revolution. Walk through the breathtaking Hall of Mirrors where King Louis greeted guests, and centuries later the Treaty of Versailles was signed to end World War I. On this tour, it is guaranteed that you will explore exponentially more of the 2,000+ acres of royal property than you would ever be able to see on your own.
- Helmet (provided but optional)
- Roundtrip transportation from Paris to Versailles
- Guided tour of Royal Grounds
- Access to Chateau
- Access to Royal Gardens
- Audio Guide inside Chateau
- Ability to explore the Chateau and Royal Gardens on your own
- Price of lunch
- Children (0-3 years of age): free
Outside of the Javel-André Citroën metro station (line 10).
This tour meets in a small park on Avenue Emile Zola opposite a café named "Café Regalia". The closest métro station is Javel-André Citroën (line 10). Use exit 1 (sortie 1, right side). The easiest taxi address is for the café: 1, Rue de la Convention, 75015 Paris. Please be on spot 10 min before the tour starts.
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to tour departure
- Tour operates rain or shine - rain ponchos for sale in the office
- All participants over 12 years of age must be able to ride a bike
- All participants under 18 must be accompanied by an adult
- Tandems reserved for guests less than 70lbs/32kg
- Trailers have a 2 child capacity with a combined maximum weight of 88lbs/40kg
- Babyseats have a maximum weight limit of 48lbs/22kg
- Please dress appropriately for the weather
- The tour typically returns to Paris between 5.00pm and 6.00pm, but guests are welcome to stay in Versailles longer if they wish
Tuesday to Sunday
This half day excursion gives you an opportunity to discover Paris's famous tourist sights and monum...
Your trip to Paris is not complete unless you experience dining - the Hard Rock Cafe way. Don’t worr...
Paris is a city with a lot of history and even more attractions so if you want to see the best of it...
Spend a day exploring Paris in a very unusual way. This excursion on foot and river boat will show y...
The full horror of 20th century industrialised warfare was nowhere more intense that in the Somme in...
Come and join us for a day of remembrance. During the day you will discover this part of the Western...