Versailles Palace and Gardens tour with Chef Ducasse Lunch
- Lunch like a king at the sumptuous new restaurant Ore
- See the King and Queen's Grand Apartments and the Hall of Mirrors
- Visit the gardens including Musical Fountain Show or Musical Gardens
Embark upon our guided visit to the Chateau de Versailles, the world-renowned royal residence of Louis XIV. Admire the shining Hall of Mirrors, designed to infinitely reflect the Sun King’s brilliance across the world. Wander through the richly appointed state apartments, where kings and queens once received the elite. Your certified English-language guide will make the French royals come alive for you, in all their extravagance and excess. We guarantee ideal visiting conditions by limiting group size. Once you’ve experienced the palace and the gardens, a final luxury is included: a refined gourmet lunch within the palace, at the splendid Ore restaurant managed by famous master chef Alain Ducasse.
Your guide will meet you in downtown Paris and accompany you to Versailles by local train. Once you reach the Chateau, you’ll begin your trip through time as you gain a vivid understanding of the royal personalities who inhabited the site. Versailles was the most splendid capital in the world during the 17th century reign of Louis XIV. Courtiers and diplomats came from all over Europe to admire the decor and curry favor with the king. Crowds are still lining up at the gates today, but our pre-reserved appointed entrance will guarantee you direct access, and your friendly local guide will ensure you see all these rooms and halls have to offer.
You’ll hear about how the royal family was continuously on display, how they subjugated the proud nobles, and recaptured preeminence in fashion and art production from Italy back to France. Enjoy astonishing anecdotes about the lavish lifestyle of Marie Antoinette, and you’ll understand how uncomfortable she was at this public palace, preferring her private domains. Her excesses at Versailles failed to impress the French people, and in 1789 she fell from power never to see the palace again.
Upon completing your tour of the royal apartments, your guide will accompany you through the luxurious gardens of Versailles, the setting for promenades, performances, and pyrotechnics! On days when the fountains are active, you’ll appreciate the added value of the elegant and omnipresent bubbling jets of water.
At the end of your visit, you’ll enjoy a delicious meal in an exclusive and refined setting. The brand new Ore restaurant, opened in 2016 in the 18th century royal apartments, features fine French cuisine by award-winning chef Alain Ducasse. Ducasse is known for his inventive cooking using fresh, local products to assemble classic and modern dishes. Your memorable Versailles experience will conclude in style with beautiful views and fine French flavors.
- Reserved entry time and all tickets to the Palace and Gardens of Versailles
- Tickets to the Musical Gardens and Fountain shows when running
- 3-course lunch with wine in the restaurant of Chef Alain Ducasse
- Return transportation from central Paris to Versailles by RER train
- Expert, English speaking guides
- Groups limited to 25 people or fewer
- Headsets when appropriate so you can always hear your guide
- Hotel pick up/drop off
- Youth (11-17 years): reduced
- Child (4-10 years): reduced
- Infants (0-3 years) are free on this tour
1 rue de la Convention, 75015 Paris
Meet us 15 minutes prior to the starting time of the tour at the metro entrance/exit for Javel André Citroen, opposite the Café Regalia. There are 2 metro exits, please take the one which has stairs. At street level you will exit opposite the café Regalia. Your guide will be waiting for you just by the metro exit.
- Note that increased security measures may affect lines as we cannot avoid them. However due to our Skip the Line privilege, we do have access to shortcuts to the security check.
- Due to ongoing restoration works in the Palace, some rooms may not be available to visit. Should this be the case, our guides will replace these rooms with others so your experience is complete.
- The lunch menu changes with the seasons and in order to offer you a different experience each time
Take a lunch break at the Ore restaurant in Versailles, by Chef Alain Ducasse. An exceptional settin...
Save time during your stay in Paris by heading directly up to the 2nd level of the Eiffel Tower with...
Sail in a glassed-over boat for an 2.5-hours à-la-carte meal Dinner Cruise and enjoy an unforgettabl...
Live in your own magical fairy tale for an entire day: visit Disney and create your own happily-ever...
The Musée du Louvre displays 35,000 works of art over 60,600 square meters and welcomes almost ten m...
Get faster entry to the tower by avoiding the long elevator lines. Climb the stairs up the Eiffel To...
As one of the world’s most famous paintings, the Mona Lisa rarely gets much peace. During regular vi...
Paris by night is even more evocative and romantic: an unmissable magical play of light and shadow. ...
Full day excursion by minibus from Paris to the Reims region, known the world over for the productio...
Visit Les Caves du Louvre to discover the French wine in a unique way! This fascinating insight into...