Ancient Rome tour with Catacombs and Appian Way
- Discover the remains of the Roman Empire and the catacombs
- See the old Appian Way and the Roman aqueducts
- Explore the city's most important sites, with no line at the entrance
- Admire the Roman Forum and the Trevi Fountain
Enjoy a 6-hour tour that provides a unique perspective on ancient Rome, in an atmosphere that you will not experience in the city center! This combination tour includes a 3-hour Catacombs and Roman Countryside Tour and a 3-hour Ancient & Old Rome Walking Tour, skipping the lines at the Colosseum and the Roman Forum.
The Catacombs and Roman Countryside Tour: is done by bus and by foot. It will take you beyond the city walls, through the ancient tunnels of Rome's catacombs, along the rustic Appian Way and under the arches of the aqueducts of antiquity. A tourist bus will take you from the start of the Appian Way and continue to the southern edge of ancient Rome. With your guide, you will have three stops along the way, giving you an opportunity to walk in the ancient Roman countryside, explore the underground catacombs and examine the masterful structure of Rome's remaining aqueducts.
The Ancient & Old Rome Walking Tour: covers all the well-known sites of the city, including the Colosseum, the Roman Forum, the Capitoline Hill, Trevi Fountain, the Pantheon and Piazza Navona. While the city is breathtaking on its own, these sites are best seen with an experienced guide who will paint for you in words the complex and fascinating history.
- Catacombs of San Callisto (interior visit)
- Tomb of Cecilia Metella (exterior visit)
- Old Appian Way
- The Colosseum (interior visit)
- The Roman Forum (interior visit)
- Capitoline Hill
- Trevi Fountain
- Piazza Navona
Important: The admission fee for the Colosseum and the Roman Forum is not included in the tour price. It will be paid in cash to the tour guide
- Bus ride
- Guided visit
- Admission fee for the catacombs
- Colosseum and Roman Forum admission fees - to pay directly on site: adult (18+) 16€, under 18 and under 25 EU citizens with valid EU ID card 4€
- Infants (0-5): free
- Children (6-17): reduced
Via Cavour, 224, 00184 Roma RM, Italy
- Catacombs & Roman Countryside:
Tour meeting time at 9.35am - Via Cavour 224 at the bus stop - nearest metro station: Cavour - B LINE
- Ancient & Old Rome:
Tour meeting time at 1.35pm - outside Colosseum metro station, ground exit, behind the green newsstand
Please arrive 25 minutes before the tour starts
- The tour will be held only if the minimum number of 6 participants is reached. In case the number is not reached, clients will be contacted for an alternative in terms of time, date, or language. A refund will be granted if no agreement is reached
- Please arrive 25 minutes before the tour starts
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible
- Dress code: Shoulders and knees must be covered
- Important: The admission fee for the Colosseum and the Roman Forum (total 16 euro per person) is not included in the tour price. It will be paid in cash to the tour guide
- Catacombs & Roman Countryside Tour starting time: Monday, Thursday and Saturday at 9.45am
- Ancient & Old Rome Tour starting time: Monday, Thursday and Saturday at 2.00pm
For those without much time to see Rome, we’ve combined two of our best-selling tours into one; to i...
This tour is the first of its kind! An original Crypts & Catacombs tour that will take you to explor...
This tour includes a guided visit of two of the best examples of the stratifications of Rome and the...
Rome is famous also for its beautiful squares, portrayed in many movies. Visit them in this guided t...
Due to the vast size of Rome’s historical district it is impossible to see all the highlights in a w...
Explore a secret, subterranean world beneath the streets of Rome on a 3-hour guided, walking tour. E...
On this half day tour, you'll get to visit the highlights of Rome by minivan, which will drop you of...
Simplify your trip to Pompeii with this no-hassle transfer from Rome. Guided tour available in Engli...
Enjoy a 3.5-hour private visit inside the Vatican Museums with access to the restricted areas of the...
Treat yourself to an unforgettable 6-hour bike ride, accompanied by an experienced guide, and discov...