Domus Aurea, Nero’s Golden House priority entrance tour with VR
- Explore one of Rome’s fundamental historical heritages and the largest imperial residence in the world
- Discover the site's story and learn the tumultuous events surrounding its construction
- Marvel at the stunning ancient frescos and marble-decorated walls, and visit the underground lakes
- Dive into the history of Nero's Golden House thanks to an immersive reality experience, multimedia installations and video commentary
Discover the Domus Aurea – Rome’s imperial residence, designed by Emperor Nero – and dive into the history of one of the most interesting and complex buildings ever built.
Centuries ago, walking down its corridors and through its rooms, you could marvel at the mosaics, marble furnishings, and you could even walk straight into a rotating dining room that continuously covered the guests with flower petals and perfume; some of these wonders are still here for you to see today. Artists and prominent historical figures like Michelangelo, Casanova, and the Marquis de Sade and many others contributed to decorating this unique palace, with numerous frescoes, ceilings and vaults. The imperial residence is now an active archaeological site that, on the weekend, you have the chance to visit and uncover.
In addition to the traditional tour, an innovative project has been created to make sure that your visit of the Domus Aurea is as complete as it can be: the 12-step guided tour is combined with Oculus Rift virtual reality and video narration to improve the visitor’s immersive experience inside the history of this captivating archaeological area. Thanks to multimedia installations, video mapping and virtual reality, the visit to the Domus Aurea has become an experience like no other; a true voyage through time and the fascinating enhancement of one of Rome’s fundamental cultural heritages.
- Skip-the-line entrance to the Domus Aurea, Nero's Golden House
- 1-hour guided tour with Oculus Rift Virtual Reality headsets
- Musement assistance at the meeting point
- Children (0-6 years): reduced
In front of the entrance of park 'Colle Oppio' at the corner between Via Nicola Salvi and Via Labicana. You'll find a Musement representative waiting to welcome you and escort you inside
- Please be at the meeting point 10 minutes before the selected time
- We recommend you wear comfortable shoes
- Inside the site, the temperature is often considerably lower than outside so please dress accordingly
- We don’t recommend the use of the Oculus Rift for children under 13 or people with epilepsy
- Bookings cannot be modified or refunded
Saturday and Sunday:
- Spanish at 11.35am
- French at 12.35am
- English at 1.50pm
- Italian at 2.05pm
See the wonders of ancient Rome as most people don’t – jumping queues in a small group with an exper...
Discover the "Domus", which belonged to the most noble and powerful families of Ancient Rome. Thanks...
Enjoy a visit to St. Peter’s in full freedom and at your own pace using your own mobile phone or tab...
The Vatican can be bewildering to the first-time visitor. That’s why this tour offers you an expert ...
The Baths of Caracalla, also known as Antoniane, deriving from the full name of the omonimus emperor...
The remains of the Stadium of Domitian (UNESCO World Heritage) are located beneath Piazza Navona, ab...
Visit the Basilica of Santa Maria ad Martyres, better known as the Pantheon, and admire the beauty o...
The National Museum of Castel Sant'Angelo can be considered at the same time a monument, an archaeol...
Our No Wait Access Vatican Tour gets you past long lines at the Vatican Museums, so you spend more t...
#*Abendrundgang - Der Piazza di Spagna & der Trevi-Brunnen*___________________________________##Prei...