Highlights of Rome 2.5 hour walking tour
- Guided tour with professional art historian
- See the Trevi Fountain and visit inside the Pantheon
- Walk the narrow streets of Rome and relax on the steps of Piazza di Spagna
Rome wasn't built in a day, but the city center can be visited in 2.5 hours. This tour will show the most important and amazing monuments of the city center. Together with the famous highlights (Pantheon, Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps, Piazza Navona, Campo de' Fiori, Piazza Farnese) you will see an incredible number of hidden treasures, such as marvelous corners, small hidden churches, noble palaces with frescoed facades, small fountains...and the daily life in the narrow streets of Rome.
You'll meet your guide in the Campo de' Fiori, where you will experience the morning market or the relaxed afternoon atmosphere. After a look at Palazzo Farnese (built by Michelangelo) you will walk along narrow streets in order to reach Piazza Navona, a jewel in the middle of the city. With its fountains, colors, buildings facades and street painters Piazza Navona offers you an endless memory of Roman beauty.
Next, you'll move through the "Roman labyrinth" and reach one of the most unbelievable monuments of the world: the Pantheon. An Ancient Roman temple turned into a church, it is today probably the best preserved example of ancient architecture in the world.
Walking the streets past Piazza di Pietra or Piazza Colonna, you will reach the most famous fountain of Rome: Trevi, featuring Neptune on his shell-shaped chariot. The workmanship and quality that stands to this day will impress you, and the water falling down from travertine rocky spurs and the majesty of the fountain make the fountain an experience that you will never forget.
At the end, you walk to the fashion district of Rome, know as "Piazza di Spagna", where the gigantic Spanish Steps will welcome you. Here you can live (and shop) like a Roman, or just breath the magic of the most dynamic square of the city.
- Professional art historian guide
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Entrace tickets to Pantheon (3 euros per person)
- Child (5-12): reduced
- Infant (0-4): reduced
- Youth (13-17): reduced
Piazza Campo de' Fiori, 23, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
In front of "La carbonara" restaurant. Look for your guide in front of a newsstand holding a "Joy of Rome" sign.
- The Pantheon may have last minute closures for religious celebrations without any previous notice
- If the Basilica is not open, the tour will instead visit the Pinacoteca
- Tour will enter the Pantheon by paying 3 euros per ticket at the entrance
- This tour is not available on all the first Sundays of the month, On January 1st and 6th, May 1st, June 2nd, June 29th, November 1st, December 25th.
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday at 9.30 am.
Enjoy one of the most important art collections in the world and the masterpieces inside St Peter’s ...
Walk through history on a guided visit to the Colosseum, the main symbol of the ancient Roman times,...
Palazzo Merulana, an urban space discovered by the union of the Fondazione Elena and Claudio Cerasi ...
Make the most of your tour of the Vatican Museums with a special visit to the Bramante Staircase, wh...
Your discovery of Rome's ancient history will start with you riding a comfortable trekking bike, gui...
If you only have a few days to take in Italy’s many highlights, this full-day tour from Rome is the ...