Rome for kids: Colosseum skip-the-line tour
- A Colosseum tour especially designed by a childhood education specialist
- Ideal for families with children 7 to 12
- Your tour guide will create a fun and captivating experience for the whole family
- Props, visual aids and re-enactments to bring history to life
- A delicious gelato for your kids is included at the end of the tour
No place in the world sparks your imagination like the Colosseum. With a rich history of emperors, gladiators, lions and mock-sea battles, every corner is full of history and you’ll experience countless, new and fascinating discoveries at every turn.
Normal guided tours, even by the most well-intentioned and engaging guides, can often be boring for the younger members of your family. An early childhood education specialist specifically designed this 2-hour long Colosseum tour for families with children of around 7-12 years of age. The result is an exciting and engaging adventure through Rome’s most iconic monument.
This tour is one of the best ways you can keep your kids’ interested, engaged and excited about your trip to Rome and you’ll be able to enjoy yourself as well.
Role-playing, visuals, and challenges will keep everyone involved as the gladiator arena and Roman Forum are brought to life. Your expert guide of the Colosseum will narrate the history of the amphitheatre with stories and anecdotes about the brave men who fought here and the emperors who ruled over them. You’ll be painted a picture of Rome’s history and you will have plenty of time and space to ask questions, as will your children. Your guide will strive to create an open and interactive environment and your family will share a unique experience.
Expert, kid-approved guides lead all tours. Their enthusiasm, energy and love for working with families make this experience one that you will not want to miss! Your kids will be rewarded with a delicious gelato at the end of their adventure!
- Expert, English-speaking tour guide
- Small groups of 25 people or fewer
- Skip-the-line access to the Colosseum, including ticket and reservation fees
- Headsets when appropriate, so you can always hear your guide
- Fun gadgets and plenty of activities tailored for children, including a gelato!
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Infants (ages 0-3) travel for free and do not require a reservation
- Children (ages 4-14): reduced price with proof of age
- Strollers or baby carriages are not allowed on this tour
Meeting point details: at Largo Gaetana Agnesi, above the 2nd floor of the metro line B (blue line) stop "Colosseo". Your guide coordinator will be waiting here wearing a blue City Wonders polo shirt or jacket for easy recognition.
- Customers need to arrive at the Colosseum at least 30 minutes before the tour departure time, for new security measures.
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking, hills, and stairs; comfortable shoes are recommended. We regret that this tour unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance. Some sites visited lack shade and can be hot under direct sunlight. We recommend bringing a hat, sunscreen and a bottle of water in warm weather. Italy's tourist sites are among the most popular in the world. Skip the Line Access and careful planning limit our crowd exposure, but please be aware that some locations may be unavoidably busy during standard hours. Children under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- Extra measures may be implemented at some venues due to heightened global security. As a result, we may experience delays in getting through mandatory security checks when entering these venues. Extra measures may also restrict the size of bags that can be brought inside. To avoid disruptions or possible denied entry, we strongly suggest that you avoid bringing large purses, bags, or backpacks on your tour. The Colosseum does not have any cloakroom facilities in which to store such items.
- It is the responsibility of all visitors to be at the meeting point 15 minutes before departure. Guests arriving after departure cannot be accommodated, & missed tours or tickets cannot be refunded.
- Please check the calendar to find this tour's availability
See the wonders of ancient Rome in a way that most people don't! Jump the queues with an expert prof...
Benefit from skip-the-line access to some of the Vatican's top attractions on this 2.5-hour guided t...
Follow in the footsteps of gladiators accessing the Colosseum through the Gladiators' gate! Enjoy fa...
Visit the ruins of Pompeii in the iconic city of Naples in one day from Rome. We’ll take you from Ro...
This tour includes a guided visit of two of the best examples of the stratifications of Rome and the...
Join a guided walking tour of one of Rome's most interesting neighborhoods, the Jewish quarter. List...
Meet your guide at Piazza del Campidoglio under the Marco Aurelio statue and start your amazing jour...
Breeze past the long queues in St Peter’s square and go straight into the Vatican for a day of art a...
Refined Roman dinner on a unique terrace in Piazza di Spagna Join Mirta and her family in their stun...
The best time to see the Vatican is before the crowds descend. This express, early-morning ticket gi...