Shuttle bus to the Roman underground Catacombs
- Discover one of the largest catacombs in Rome and with its 17 km of tunnels and corridors
- Learn about the life of the early Christian communities
- Enjoy an entertaining and instructive ancient Rome multimedial video
Reach and visit the catacombs with an audio-guided shuttle bus ride. You can depart from the center of the city and reach the site, where you'll discover one of the largest catacombs in Rome and with its 17 km of tunnels and corridors divided into 4 different levels, for a total of 150,000 burials, and a semi-subterranean Basilica.
You'll get to know more about the life of Christian communities of the early centuries, all the while admiring their architectural testimony, untouched over the centuries: symbolic decorations of stone fragments and magnificent frescoes, a sign of the cult of the martyrs buried in this cemetery.
- Shuttle bus round trip from the city center to the Roman catacombs
- 15 minute ancient Rome multimedia video
- Entrance ticket to the Roman Catacombs
- Guided tour within the Catacombs available in 5 languages (Italian, English, French, Spanish and German), about 40 minutes
- Food and drinks
- Pick-up service
- Children (6-17): reduced
- Infants (0-5): free
Piazza d'Ara Coeli 16, Rome
Touristation Colosseum and Forum.
- Due to the delicate nature of the site, travelers cannot visit the catacombs independently; all visits must be part of a guided group or private tour. The guided tour is included in the price
- Catacomb tours are not recommended for travelers who suffer from claustrophobia
- The Catacombs are a sacred site: guests should dress appropriately. Please make sure that your shoulders and thighs are covered
- Bring a light jacket with you, as it can get cold underground
- If you select the tour on Wednesday you'll be visiting the Santa Domitilla Catacombs. The rest of the week the San Callisto Catacombs will be visited
- Unfortunately, the tour is not accessible to visitors in wheelchairs or with severe motor disabilities
- The tour includes a long-distance walk, stairs and climbing; we recommend wearing comfortable shoes
- Every day
- Departures at 10.00am and 2.00pm
After being picked up from your hotel (if centrally located and accessible), begin your day with a v...
This tour for small groups (maximum 15 people) allows you to discover the best parts of the Vatican ...
This tour is the first of its kind! An original Crypts and Catacombs tour that will take you to expl...
Visit all the best sites in Rome with a single 3-day pass, skip long queues and get easy access to R...
Join a guided tour of the Pantheon in a small group of no more than 10 people and in a short one hou...
Delight both your senses with food and your inner tourist with famous landmarks on this Rome walking...
Escape the Eternal City on a day trip to the ruins of Pompeii and Naples. Relax in a comfortable shu...
Enjoy a visit to St. Peter’s in full freedom and at your own pace using your own mobile phone or tab...
Those with limited time to explore the Vatican can't miss the Sistine Chapel and St. Peter’s Basilic...
Rome wasn't built in a day, but the city center can be visited in 2.5 hours. This tour will show the...