Vatican City and Ancient Rome full-day small group tour
- Skip the long lines to the Colosseum and Roman Forum
- Learn the history of the Imperial Forum as you walk past the ruins of ancient temples
- Marvel at masterpieces by Michelangelo and Raphael in the Vatican Museums
- Discover ancient maps of the world in the Gallery of Maps
Travel back to the days of emperors and popes, and see the highlights of the papal collections on a 2-part, 6-hour tour of Rome.
Start your full-day tour at the Arch of Constantine, and journey through Ancient Rome as you travel back to the days of the Roman Republic. Explore the vast Colosseum (Flavian Amphitheatre) to experience up-close the greatest arena the Romans built. Your guide will bring 2,000 years of history to life, telling stories of the ferocious battles between man and beast put on for the delight of Roman citizens.
Then, follow in the footsteps of Roman emperors on a walk through the Imperial Forum. Learn how it was once the center of religious, political and commercial life in Rome. Hear the history of the Temple of Antoninus and Faustina. Learn the story of the Tabularium. Go to the Temple of Hadrian, now incorporated into a building in Piazza di Pietra, where you can see the original Roman street level below ground.
End your morning tour at the Pantheon, the majestic temple of all gods. Commissioned by Marcus Agrippa in 27 BC, its massive interior and inlaid marble floors are home to a burial site since the Renaissance times, where the tombs of Raphael and the kings of Italy can be found.
Following a break for lunch, we will go on to the Vatican Museums to discover the world’s most precious art collection. Skip the long lines to enter the museums, and tour in a group of no more than 12 people for a more intimate experience. Collected by popes over many centuries, the collection includes works by Michelangelo, Raphael, and Bernini.
See Michelangelo’s legendary frescoes in the Sistine Chapel. Go to the Octagonal Courtyard to look at the Belvedere Apollo statue. Discover Greek and Roman masterpieces in the Pio Clementino Museum. Wander through the Gallery of Tapestries to see Flemish tapestries by Raphael’s pupils. Marvel at works by ancient cartographers in the Gallery of Maps.
Then, go inside St. Peter's Basilica to see more masterpieces by Michelangelo, Raphael, and Bernini, including Michelangelo’s 'La Pieta' beneath the dome of the world’s largest church.
- A licensed and professional guide.
- 6-hour guided tour (3-hour tour in the morning and 3-hour tour in the afternoon)
- Entrance fees to the Colosseum, Roman Forum, and Vatican Museums
- Food and drinks
- Children (ages 0-1): reduced rate
- Children (ages 2-17): reduced rate
- Students: reduced
Via Sacra, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
- Meet your guide at the Arch of Constantine, at the side of the Roman Forum and Palatine Hill
- If you are coming from the "Colosseo" Metro Station, the meeting point is across the street on the right-hand side beside the Arch of Constantine
- If you are coming from Via San Gregorio, the meeting point will be on the left-hand side by the Arch of Constantine
- For the afternoon Vatican City tour, the meeting point is on the corner of Via Sebastiano Veniero and Via Leone IV
- Please note that St. Peter's Basilica is closed 7.00am-1.00pm on Wednesdays due to the Papal Audience
- Knees and shoulders must be covered at all times throughout your visit
- St. Peter's Basilica may be closed to the public on the 24 and 31 December
- Groups of 13 people maximum
- All languages start at 9.00am
- In the afternoon English, German and French tours start at 2.00pm
Enjoy one of the most important art collections in the world and the masterpieces inside St Peter’s ...
Walk through history on a guided visit to the Colosseum, the main symbol of the ancient Roman times,...
Palazzo Merulana, an urban space discovered by the union of the Fondazione Elena and Claudio Cerasi ...
Make the most of your tour of the Vatican Museums with a special visit to the Bramante Staircase, wh...
If you only have a few days to take in Italy’s many highlights, this full-day tour from Rome is the ...
Take advantage of a comfortable and stress-free option to reach Campo Imperatore's slopes!Ski all da...