Vatican City: Exclusive Half-Day Guided Tour with Breakfast and Gardens
- Enjoy our exclusive, early entrance to the museum, avoiding all crowds
- A private open-air coach for a 45-minute guided tour of the Vatican State
- Rich and entertaining commentary by your expert tour guide
- Admire the Vatican Museum's magnificent art collection
You’ll enjoy a unique experience while all is still silent and the throngs of tourists have yet to arrive. Walk through the Vatican corridors hearing only your footsteps, and savor a rich American breakfast buffet in the Vatican Cafeteria, with everything from croissants to muffins, egg to pancakes, fresh fruit to jam, and cereal to cookies. Enjoy both espresso and American coffee, or fresh juice or other cold and hot beverages. After breakfast, you’ll hop on to a shaded open-air private bus, riding through the hidden parts of Vatican State, just recently opened to the public, namely its gardens. Your guide will entertain you with historical anecdotes and intriguing facts. See the Vatican railway station, the giant Year-2000 Jubilee bell, the stunning meditation gardens in use by popes since 1279, and the Pope’s private heliport. This 45-minute journey through the Vatican State's green areas will pique your curiosity for the rest of the beauty, mystery and history within the Museum walls. Housing irreplaceable art and religious artifacts, your guide will host you on a 3-hour tour through time. Knowing your vacation time is as priceless as these masterpieces, we’ve tailored our route to the best the Museum has to offer, giving you the highlights you’ve been longing to see.
Time-honored tapestries, precious relics, ancient sculptures, the galleries seem to stretch on longer than time itself. Behold the Raphael Rooms and the famous characters modeled in his 'School of Athens'. Stand before the Sistine Chapel and marvel at Michelangelo’s mastery. Learn how these fabulous frescoes were made and be entertained as your guide points out the private jokes painted into them, as well as the painful punishments Michelangelo painted for his enemies and the secret personal message he left for the Pope. The tour ends at St. Peter’s Basilica, where you are treated to the masterpieces inside. The world-renowned altar, Michelangelo’s ‘Pieta,’ not to mention the Basilica itself with its impressive dome.
Benefit from a small, intimate group of no more than 25 people with unparalleled early access and an unforgettable experience of the Vatican Museums and Gardens.
- American buffet breakfast
- 45-minute Vatican City bus tour including the Vatican gardens
- 3-hour Vatican Museums guided tour with Sistine Chapel and St Peter's Basilica
- Skip-the-line access to St Peter's Basilica
- Fast track access to the Vatican Museums
- Groups of 25 or fewer
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Children (6-18 years old): reduced price
- Infants (0-5 years old): free
Via Tunisi, 4, 00192 Roma RM, Italy
At the bottom of the wide steps across the street from the entrance of the Vatican Museums. The steps are located between Caffè Vaticano and Hotel Alimandi Vaticano, on the corner of Viale Vaticano and Via Tunisi. The Tour Operator coordinators will be wearing blue polo shirts or jackets with the Tour Operator Logo for easy recognition.
- Extra measures may be implemented at some venues due to heightened global security. As a result, we may experience delays in getting through mandatory security checks when entering these venues. Extra measures may also restrict the size of bags that can be brought inside. To avoid disruptions or possible denied entry, we strongly suggest that you avoid bringing large purses, bags, or backpacks on your tour. The Vatican only permits very small bags, and specifically prohibits large bags, tripods, umbrellas, and backpacks. Any such items must be checked into the free luggage storage area which may result in your having to leave the tour early to retrieve them at the entrance.
- Please note that children under the age of 6 years are not permitted on this tour.
- Please note that on some religious festivities, the bus tour itinerary might change, and the gardens might no be accessible by bus.
- Entrance into religious sites requires a strict dress code. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. City Wonders cannot be held responsible for refused entry due to improper dress.
- On Wednesday mornings and afternoons St Peter's Basilica may be closed to the public due to the Papal Audience taking place in Saint Peter's Square. Customers who wish to visit St Peter's Basilica are advised to travel on another day. The Basilica is also subject to last minute closures for religious ceremonies. When this occurs, we are happy to offer customers a longer tour of the Vatican Museums in keeping with the advertised total length of the tour. While we undertake to tell tour groups ahead of time if there are any planned disruptions to Basilica opening hours, this is not always possible and in these cases we are unable to provide refunds or discounts.
- We regret that we are unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance. We are also unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages on our group tours.
Meeting time: 07.00am
Departure time: 07.15am
The Roman Holiday Tour departs from Piazza del Popolo, one of the most famous piazzas in Rome, in th...
The Tour starts in Villa Borghese, at the end of viale Belvedere, where our staff will conduct an in...
Walk through history on a guided visit to the Colosseum, the main symbol of the ancient Roman times,...
You have not truly seen Rome until you have experienced it at night! The monuments are completely tr...
Discover Rome's immense history and culture in a brand new way: Vox City Guide is a state-of-the-art...
Begin the tour in the city center; get your bikes, meet your professional guide and start riding aro...