Ultimate Veliko Tarnovo 5-hour walking tour
- Visit the Old town situated on three hills, Tsarevets, Trapezitsa and Sveta Gora
- Explore Tsarevets fortifieds walls and wander along its cobble stoned streets
- See the palaces of the Bulgarian Emperors
Enjoy a 5-hour guided walking tour in Veliko Tarnovo and see the old city situated on three hills, Tsarevets, Trapezitsa and Sveta Gora rising above the meandering Yantra River. Tsarevets housed the palaces of the Bulgarian Emperors and the Patriarchate, as well as a number of administrative and residential edifices surrounded by thick walls. Trapezitsa was known for its many churches and as the main residence of the nobility. In the Middle Ages it was among the main European centers of culture and gave its name to the Tarnovo Artistic School of architecture, painting and literature.
You will discover the following sights in your walking tour:
- Architectural reserve “Tsarevets” - Tarnovo was the capital of the Medieval Bulgarian kingdom from the end of XII to the XIV c
- Sarafkina’s House - Built in 1861, It was a property of the wealthy merchant Dimo Sarafina. But he died before its finishing.
- Samovodska charshia - The Samovodska charshia is the old market in the old capital of Bulgaria – Veliko Tarnovo. Perfect place for souvenirs and a stroll in the cobbled streets
- Asenevtsi Monument - The Asenevtsi monument is dedicated to the brothers Asen, Petar, Kaloyan and Ivan Asen II. It was built in 1985 to celebrate the 800th anniversary of the uprising of Asen and Petar
- Museum of Contemporary History - The main idea is to show Veliko Tarnovo as a symbol of the succession of the Bulgarian state system in the first decades after the Liberation
- The house with the Monkey - Built in1849 by Kolyo Ficheto for the merchant Nikola Koyuv. A profiled column on the house’s façade depicts a sitting monkey with a slate. This image has lent the building its exotic name
- Professional guide
- All entrance fees
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Children aged (1-6): reduced
Tsar Asen Square, 5000 Tsarevets, Veliko Tarnovo, Bulgaria
Meet your guide in front of the Tsarevets Fortress entrance. Pick-up service is available for customers staying in centrally located hotels. Please confirm the pick-up place and time directly with the local operator.
- Tour is available daily at flexible times between 9.00am and 4.00pm, you will be asked to confirm the exact start time directly with the tour supplier
- Pick-up service is ONLY available for centrally located hotels in Veliko Tarnovo
- Please confirm the pick-up place and time directly with the local operator. You can find their contact information in the voucher after booking
- Tour is available daily at flexible times between 9.00am and 4.00pm
- Please contact the tour supplier directly to confirm your tours start time
Take a Pokemon-walking tour of Sofia as your expert Pokemon guide shows you all the Pokemon Shops an...
Sofia’s nice sized city center can easily be visited on foot, but it is a lot more interesting and f...
Kayak on the Iskar Reservoir, Bulgaria’s largest reservoir, during an adventurous 8-hour experience ...
Save time and book your entrance tickets in advance to the National Museum of Military History. Upon...
Take a full-day trek to the Rila Mountains to leasurely walk among the nature of it's Seven Rila Lak...
Mousala is the highest peak (at 2925 m) not only in Rila Mountains, but on the whole Balkan Peninsul...