Carnival treasure hunt in Saint Mark's Square
- Funny Carnival Game in Venice
- Amusing Self Guided Walking Tour
- Two handcrafted Carnival Mask included
- Only until February 5 take advantage of the exclusive promotion of 10%
A carnival treasure hunt in Venice to uncover the city’s hidden treasures by playing.
A fantastic route, at the discovery of Venice’s secrets and its famous Carnival. You’ll be given a map to start you on the treasure hunt, but that’s not all: after downloading the App on your phone, this will become your compass and your personal automatic storyteller, recounting the secrets of the city and of this festive period.
The game will take you across the whole city, leading you into unexplored corners, and of course passing through the heart of Venice and the Carnival: St. Mark’s Square.
During the hunt, you’ll have to take a picture of at least 3 points highlighted on the map. At the end, the treasure will be yours: two Venetian masks, one beautifully decorated in traditional style and the other one white, just waiting to be painted. A professional Mask-maker will happily give suggestions to personalise it!
Before you rush home to decorate the second one, put your finished mask on and take your carnival super selfie!
- Start at Bottega Testolini (Bacino Orseolo), adjacent to St. Mark’s Square
- Through impressive squares, among which Campo Manin, Campo Santo StefanoandCampo Sant’Anzolo. These are not squares per se, as the word “campo” actually means “field”.
- Discovering hidden treasures like the Scala Contarini del Bovolo.
- Then, the ancient Calle degli Assassini.
- Across the ponte delle Ostreghe, a bridge which is a testament to Venice’s ancestral fishing tradition.
- And, of course, the churches. Most have incredible anecdotesto tell and sometimes even scandals. The church of san Maurizio, not so scandalous, does however host a great collection of musical instruments. Venice is after all the city of music.
Summary of Treasure
At the start you’ll receive the map to look for your treasure and you’ll download the App on your phone: this will be the compass guiding you and the voice tell you stories along the way. On the map you will see 4 hidden places to take a picture of. You will have to show a picture for at least 3 of the places to the Mask-maker and then you will win two Venetian carnival masks!
- Mobile app
- Detailed map for the game
- Two Carnival Masks
- Guided tour
1758 S. MARCO, Venezia, VE 30124
Bottega Dell'Arte Di Scarpa Gabriele. Few steps from Saint Mark's Square
- The tour is not accessible for wheelchair users or guests with limited mobility
- Be at the meeting point 10 minutes before the departure time
- When to post the Pictures: before 15th March 2019
- Where to post the Pictures: on Venice Tours Facebook Profile
- When the winner will be announced: on 31st March 2019
Every day from 9th February until 5th March 2019
A fantastic route, at the discovery of Venice’s secrets and its famous Carnival. You’ll be given a m...
Explore the city of Venice on board an authentic gondola. Your gondolier will take through quiet wat...
Experience culture, beauty and romance of Venice in a relaxing way. Your visit to Venice would not b...
The glass masters of The Glass Cathedral - Santa Chiara present a spectacular show dedicated to both...
The guide will bring you in the stunning Doge’s palace with its rooms of power decorated by great ar...
Experience an exclusive and romantic 30-minute private gondola ride on the canals of Venice. Discove...
Take a walk outdoors (no entries) through the most characteristic and important places for the histo...
Embark on a gondola ride through the Grand Canal where you will see wondrous beauty and culture in e...
This two hour private tour is the perfect way to discover the art and architecture of Venice, away f...
This private tour is perfect for visitors with a limited time in Venice.In only 3 hours we will show...