Walking tour of Venice with old Royal Palace and skip-the-line tickets to the Doge's palace
- Enjoy a walk outdoor through the most characteristic places of Venice history
- Get advantage of the skip-the-line tickets to the Doge's Palace
- Visit with the same ticket all palaces around St. Mark’s Square under the name of Procuratie
A qualified and experienced guide will escort you through the ancient history of the Serenissima Republic, recalling the past full of charm.
Start from Piazza San Marco and discover the origins, history, and description of the main monuments like Saint Mark's Cathedral, The Doge's Palace, Bell Tower, Clock Tower and Procuratie.
Then admire Santa Maria Formosa and its history and anecdotes related to this wonderful and characteristic square. Campo SS. Giovanni e Paolo - The "Pantheon" of Venice, the Great School of Charity, the Captains of fortune, Marco Polo’s House and Malibran Theatre.
Return to San Marco through the Mercerie, crucial connection between Rialto and San Marco and the main street for the city shopping.
After, visit the Doge's palace that represented for centuries the seat of the Venetian political power. In its splendid rooms, plastered and immersed in hundreds of masterpieces of painting, the Duke and his Council controlled the fate of a thousand-year history republic.
You’ll be surprised by the rich details of the gold staircase, of the realism of the scenes depicted by many artists who have decorated this building, you will relive the anguish of the prisoners crossing the famous Bridge of Sighs, and entering the Venetian prisons, famous for hosting Giacomo Casanova.
Using the same ticket you'll have the opportunity to visit by yourself the other magnificent palaces around St. Mark’s Square under the name of Procuratie.
You will discover the way of life of the Venetians, with paintings, library, coinage, sculpture.
At the end of your activity, you will have the opportunity to do the free optional tour the Glass Craftsman Demonstration visiting a Glass Factory very close to Saint Mark's square (20 minutes tour). Please follow the instruction that our staff will provide to you locally.
- Shared guided walking tour with commentary by a qualified and experienced guide
- “Skip the line” Doge’s Palace entrance
- Audio receiver devices in case of groups over 10 people
- Glass craftsman at work close to Saint Mark’s Square
- Entrance ticket valid to visit by yourself the palace around St. Mark’s Square (Old Royal Palace now Museo Correr, Museo Archeologico Nazionale and Monumental rooms of the Biblioteca Nazionale Marciana)
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Child (0-5): free of charge
Piazza San Marco, 30100 Venezia VE
St. Mark's Square - Clock Tower near the exchange office (the white building with blue clock facade). Our assistant will wait for you with the sign “TOUR”.
- The visit is monolingual
- From April to October: English, French, Spanish and German every day - Italian only on Saturday. From November to March: English every day - German on Monday and Friday - French on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday - Spanish on Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday
- Bookings can be cancelled with no charge up to 24 hours before the service. The tour does not operate in case of exceptional high tide (in this case it can be postponed to the day after otherwise it will be refunded).
- This tour is not fully accessible for wheelchair users or people with walking disabilities
- Audio-receiver devices are included in case of groups over 10 people
- Comfortable shoes suggested
- For security reasons sacks, bags or knapsacks are not allowed inside Doge’s Palace: Free deposit inside
- The tour is not considered private but it is shared with other guests not belonging to the same party
- Every day at 09:00am. Please, be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the departure time
- The tour does not operate 25th December - 1st January - 16th, 23th February and in case of exceptional high tide.
A great experience that will bring you to know the manufacture and glassblowing art. In front of you...
Meet your local guide in center of Venice and with a short walk of 15 minutes through hidden streets...
Visit Venice and its lagoon: discover its picturesque corners, history and legends at your own pace ...
Enjoy a gondola ride through the canals of Venice and a romantic dinner in a typical Venetian restau...
Enjoy a gondola ride through Venice canals and a romantic dinner in a typical Venetian restaurant.Ta...
In this wonderful city the professional chef Carolyn wants to share with you her passion for the Ven...