Mauthausen Concentration Camp Memorial daytrip from Vienna
- Visit the former concentration camp in Mauthausen-Gusen
- Take advantage from a transfer service from Vienna city center and back
- Follow an English speaking guide during the travel
- Then learn, at the Memorial, all about the camp's history with an audioguided tour in a language of your choice
Mauthausen concentration camp in Upper Austria was one of the largest labour camp complexes in the Third Reich. Between 1938 and 1945 about 200,000 people from all over Europe were imprisoned in Mauthausen. About half of them lost their lives. Today, Mauthausen Memorial stands as a reminder of the darkest days of Austria’s history.
Become acquainted with the history of Mauthausen Memorial during the 2,5-hour ride from Vienna. During the transfer service to the Memorial, listen to your English speaking guide explaining the historical context and the life at Mauthausen concentration camp before its liberation in May 1945. Upon arrival at the Memorial explore the preserved historic premises at your own pace with audio-guides (available in 11 major languages). See the Wiener-Graben quarry, the Stairs of Death, the SS-Quarters, the Camp Prison, the Gas Chamber and visit the newly re-opened Mauthausen Museum.
Heading back to Vienna stop at a local restaurant for lunch (own expense). Your tour concludes at the Vienna State Opera House.
CO2 certificates to offset the tour's carbon emissions are included in the tour price.
Honor the victims by learning about this crucial period in history. We donate a percentage of the tour’s profit to the Memorial.You have to come to the meeting point, but a contribute of up to 12,00 Euro to reach the meeting point is included in the tour price.
Attention: the tour departs only if at least two participants are registrated.
- Transfer to Mauthausen Memorial from Vienna and back
- Admission to Mauthausen Memorial
- Self-guided tour of the camp with audioguide
- Contribute of up to 12 euro for eventual taxi costs to join the starting point (only if you bring the bill)
- Lunch (optional)
- Gratuities (optional)
Tegetthoffstraße 7, 1010 Wien, Austria
- Behind Viennna State Opera House, in front of Vienna Tourist information office
- If you have to take a taxi to reach the meeting point of the tour in the morning, don't forget to ask the driver for a bill: the tour operator can reimburse you up to 12 euro of the cost
- The audioguide tour through the Mauthausen Memorial is available in English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Polish, Russian, Spanish
- The tour departs at 8:30am and lasts 8.5 hour
- 08:30am Tour start: Travel across Lower Austria to Mauthausen
- 10:45am Stopover in Mauthausen - appx. 3 hours
- Self-guided Visit with audioguide (available in English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Polish, Russian, Spanish)
- 01:45pm Lunch break at a local restaurant (at own expense)
- 02:45pm Return trip to Vienna
- appx. 5:00pm Tour concludes at the Vienna State Opera House
For those who want to explore Vienna, the red Vienna City Card is a great way to spend less on every...
This tour starts with a ride past the famous historic sights of Ringstraße boulevard. You will see m...
The bus ride to the city of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart takes you through the beautiful countryside of t...
They say, if you haven't taken a ride on the Giant Ferris Wheel, you haven't really been to Vienna. ...
The Belvedere is one of the most important and beautiful Imperial complexes in Europe. The Belvedere...
This day trip starts at 8.30 am in Vienna, from where a modern bus takes you to Bratislava. After an...
The Leopold Collection is one of the most important collections of modern Austrian art in the world ...
Witness the Morning Exercise with music which offers an insight into the training of the riders and ...
The Chocolate Museum Vienna is a really creative and dynamic oasis of pure culinary enjoyment. It's ...
On this cruise, you will experience a real Viennese evening with authentic charm, an excellent buffe...