Private tour in the Picture Gallery of the Art History Museum Vienna
- Includes all entrance tickets so that you can book everything together
- More than a tour - your guide will share their love of art history with you
- See beyond the art with an experienced art historian as your guide
- Surround each work with your small group - experience the art together
The Vienna Museum of Art History's collection is the best place to see and to understand what distinguishes a brilliant artist from the wonderful and the good from the mediocre. If you want not only to walk through the museum and enjoy the works of Rembrandt, Rubens, Vermeer, Raphael and Caravaggio, but also aspire to understand what distinguishes their works from those of their less famous contemporaries, this tour is for you.
This tour is not about making you an art historian or listing artists’ workshop connections. This is a narrative participatory experience offering you a new perspective on art and making museum pieces meaningful to you.
This highlights await you:
- In Peter Bruegel's largest world collection, you will take a closer look at The Hunters in the Snow to understand why it was in the 20th century that this painting became the “cold distant peak of unattainable art“, and why it was a huge risk to choose such a controversial subject in the 16th century.
- You will look at the requirements for Rubens' work and see the difference between works made for his powerful commissioners and those created for his own pleasure.
- Vermeer's work The Allegory of The Art and Caravaggio's Madonna with the Beads will show you the most virtuoso showcase of mimesis, the main principle of Western aesthetics. And Parmigianino's works in the contrary will show you the first attempts of art to escape from the path of perfect vitality.
- Private tour
- Skip-the-line tickets
- Youth (15-18 years)
Burgring 5, 1010 Wien, Austria
Meet your guide in front of the Kunsthistorisches Museum
- Minimum age of participants: 15 years
- Please check the calendar for availability
On this cruise, you will experience a real Viennese evening with authentic charm, an excellent buffe...
Are you ready to experience a night out in Vienna like a local? If so, prepare to have a blast!You w...
When talking about the works of Egon Schiele, the adjective ‘scandalous’ is frequently used, even th...
Have the privilege to explore Vienna in style, with the most famous sights like the State Opera Hous...
The German name for Vienna is Wien. Rearrange that and you get wine. Need I go on? If so, then consi...
Discover iconic Vienna with its famous attractions in an environment-friendly electric vintage car. ...